Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2" Blazer Users

jjohnson

I was wondering how you guys fletch your 2" blazers. Do you do a straight fletch or a helical? I'm making myself some new arrows and wasn't sure if a helical would even help with such a short vane.

I just put a batch on for the first time last week, and put them on with a right helical. I've heard some folks say that straight or helical on Blazers doesn't make much difference, but I figure that the helical certainly isn't going to hurt anything. I really like the way the Blazers work with the Whisker Biscuit rest and that Goat Tuff glue really sticks them down good.

Ditto on the helical with Goat glue! Worked great on my ICS Hunters!!
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

Thanks guys. I'm shooting league for the first time and was running low on arrows. I wrapped and fletched 6 Gold Tip XT Hunters with the 2" blazers and a right helical. They're shooting real good so far.

Just an interesting note with the Blazers...

A buddy of mine who works at a bow shop up here in MN did a little experiment with Blazers, Quick Spins and Flex Fletch vanes. They took a high speed camera and set it up to see what the bow, rest, arrows and vanes do upon being shot. He said that when shot..the Blazers and Quick spins virtually laid down flat against the arrow right after they were shot. This isn't saying that either of them are bad in anyway. Many guys use them and have great results. Just an interesting piece of info that I thought I'd pass along.

I cut my wraps in half. I believe they are 7" wraps so I am using 3.5" wraps with my blazers.

I also heard last night that if your using quick-spins you are supposed to fletch them straight with no helical at all. I was shooting league and a kid said he just put blazers on and got into a conversation about the quick-spins. The guy he was talking to said it defeats the purpose of the quickspin if you fletch them with helical. I had never heard that before, have any of you heard of this?

Top Bottom