Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 good CT bucks on camera

Rut

Not Iowa, but 2 decent bucks from CT on my game camera. Saw both last season.

hv324n.jpg

Looking good, good luck with them. Often when I see woodlands from out east it seems like they are VERY open. Have you ever looked into performing TSI to thicken those timbers? I realize that may not be an option if you don't own the land, but if you do...I would think you could quadruple the buck/deer holding capacity there v. neighboring properties. Just a thought. :)

Great looking bucks! Best of luck this season. Keep us updated on your success.

Nice bucks for CT! Grew up in Litchfield County myself.

I used to bow hunt a lot up that way. Beautiful country. Hunting in Fairfield county now for quite a long time. Some really good mature animals down here. Lots of big suburban bucks in tight, smaller acre parcels. These are the areas I mostly bow hunt.

Last edited:
Looking good, good luck with them. Often when I see woodlands from out east it seems like they are VERY open. Have you ever looked into performing TSI to thicken those timbers? I realize that may not be an option if you don't own the land, but if you do...I would think you could quadruple the buck/deer holding capacity there v. neighboring properties. Just a thought. :)

It has quite a few areas of really thick cover to. Lots of red and white oak flats. The thick cover is mostly adjacent to a power line run that cuts through the property. The non typical in my avatar came off the property these bucks are on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom