Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Years In the Making.

KYWhitetail.

Young-Bone Collector
I am happy to report that snickers is dead. I am still kind of let down that my grandpa killed him 100 yards away from my stand. But that is hunting and I knew my grandpa killed him because he knew I would be heart broken if Snickers was killed by the neighbor. Snickers not in fact a 4 year old I believe he was a 3 year old because he is chasing does in Early Rifle Season. Unlike some of my other bucks I have on trail camera. But I respect my grandpa and he is a good man, he is my role model life and Im glad I got to witness his biggest buck kill ever.

My grandpa was really mad at himself for shooting my deer he tried everything to get him to come my way. He didn't want to take a picture with "Snickers"

I just really wanted to get my hands on those horns. I spent 2 years into hunting "Snickers" with hours of hunting and observing from the hay barn a mile away on summer evenings glassing getting every bit of knowledge I could. I learned that its hunting and its fair chase and the deer isn't always going to do what you want it to do but oh well there is 2 weeks left and the peak of the rut is days away.

I am 15 and for me to grow deer like this on the farm I hunt I am very proud to call myself a deer hunter. I am proud for the commitment I put into the sport and I am even more thrilled to know that Snickers has some offspring and I can see the resemblance of their rack and body features.

What a buck! Thanks for sharing and huge congrats to your grandpa! At least the mount will be in a house that you can see it whenever you want.

What a giant! Make sure you tell your grandpa how excited you are that he killed him. Your 15 and have plenty of years left to harvest a giant deer. Kinda like paying your dues to hunting.

Great deer and an awesome story. Be proud to have the memories being made now. I wanted to hunt growing up but it wasn't till I was 30 that I started.

Yeap, pretty impressive, and you have a pretty good start and head on your shoulders as far as deer management goes. Keep at it, because obviously the genetics are there.

Congrats for being able to keep that buck within the family. There will be more times to hunt and other bucks to chase. Maybe, Your Grandfather will let you choose the pose and form for the mount of this buck. I would think that to be fair or at least a nice gesture.

Top Bottom