Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

-20 degree wind chill... Deer gotta be moving?

Just hunt any place that is out of the wind, the deer don't like it any more than you do and will be looking to conserve body heat. :D

Went scouting tonight and deer everywhere. When its cold like this, they GOTTA eat, get on a "hot" food source and you will find the deer!

I agree with LIV4RUT not only were they up and feeding and way before dark a lot seemed to be in the most windy areas they could find, the high spots in the wide open fields where the snow was blown away and they isn't have to dig to feed

I would be out there if could, let's put it that way :)

Liv,
I thought the same thing.

But in extreme NE Iowa we had 8-10" of snow to go with the 6 " from last week. Add 30 mph winds and you get thigh deep drifts.

Deer up here are holding up IMO until the wind breaks. They will be moving tomorrow and the next few days because food is buried right now.

That would suck Risto. Down here in Ia city we may have 1.5 inches. I definitely don't miss living in Northern Iowa.

I wacked a big doe out in a corn field last night. Winds were brutal. Deer were in the field earlier than usual. Spoted some nice bucks too. Shot my doe and the other deer ran, but wind was in my favor and they couldnt spot me. They went right back to eating. I started draging the deer out of the field, and the deer spooked and went right back to eating 5 minutes later. The whole time I drug the deer out, they just watched me while eating. Heck, they got any closer and I would have tied them to my doe and made them pull her out.

Id say they were desperatly hungry!

Last edited:
Top Bottom