Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

200+ poached?

Handcannon

Anyone know anything about a 200+ buck poached near Correctionville? Supposedly shot w/ a rifle, taxidermist turned the guy in. Word is it has 9" bases & over 200". I live 20 minutes from there & haven't heard anything. Could be just a rumor?

Confirmation?

:( Yeah. I was there last week trying to lure a buck out of Little Sioux Park using a decoy. Another hunter was in the parking area when I arrived. He described the deer and said it was at the DNR office with a red tag on it. I haven't seen the deer I was chasing since. The one I was chasing didn't seem to be 200 but he was a nice buck. In any case I'm glad the DNR got the poacher. I'd watched the buck chasing does in the park 3 times and had him within 17 yards but he wouldn't step over onto public hunting ground. Maybe he's still out there? Anyone else heard anything?

This is true. I have cell phone pics of the deer being held by someone wearing a badge. The green score on it was 235 and the bases are massive.

I've seen the same cell phone pic from several friends around here. I hate to make the dude a criminal w/ out the facts.

It is a big deer....that is all I know.

Everything I have heard has been poached with a gun....but I don't know any real facts.

From the sounds of it he has got the antlers back, so far. This guy is a convicted felon and the deer was shot on a known poachers ground. It doesn't sound like it is over yet.

i have a college friend that lives near correctionville, and the buck was shot about a mile from his farm. he has told me the guy was unable to produce a body for the deer only the head and antlers. just what i have been told though could be wrong.

Sounds about right. I've been told the CO has been watching this deer for years & that the deer rarely left the park.

Here is the picture
335191798_7139264626_b.jpg

They guy in the picture did not shoot the deer, he just posed with it. It would be a tragedy if this deer was poached. Time will tell if it is so. My information is that there was powder residue on the cape that was cut off short. If it was taken during bow season and the powder was on the cape, somebody is in trouble. If not it will probably be considered a legal deer.

Top Bottom