Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2002 Hoyt Ultra Tech Question

scout

I'm looking @ this bow which has been used very little. It comes set up with a 4 arrow quiver, Nap Quick-tune rest, peep, leaches, limb savers, a good stabilizer, True Glow pin sight. It has the single cam. I think I can get it for $425 I've been holding off on shooting it, afraid I might like it.
What do ya dislike about yours 150 Class? (I realize you had dual cams)

I did'nt jump onto the single cam band wagon and the new "cam + 1/2" Hoyt has out this year is really cool! But the "Stinger" is $650 bow only. To steep for me.

Scout - You will have a hard time getting me to say what I don't like about my UltraTec. It is a great bow and the two cams was my preference over the one cam. Single cam vs. two cam, they each have their advantages and disadvantages but I will tell you in my opinion, having owned and shot both of them, that many people make too big of a deal out of what they do and don't like about one over the other. As a matter of fact, I planned on getting a one cam this year, especially since Hoyt came out with the dual track idler wheel last year but then Hoyt came out with the cam & 1/2, so now I have a 2003 UltraTec Cam & 1/2.
grin.gif

The bow you are talking about should be a very nice bow and if it truly is a 2002 bow, it will have the dual track idler wheel. But, if you don't like it, I would be happy to sell my CyberTec (2" shorter axle-axle than the UltraTec) with all the goodies you mentioned at the same price but with the two cam command cam. Heck, I would even deliver it to your doorway since you are only one county to the north (and I might get a chance to see that Jackson County brute you shot in November!).
beerchug.gif

Yes it has the dual ideler wheel. I suppose I'll have to shoot it.
icon94.gif

My archery buck is currently being scored. I'll pick it up Monday. It will net over 170 but I doubt it will grose 180.
I sure would like that UltraTec for my first Canada bear hunt this Sept.
grin.gif

Scout, I have the 2002 Ultratec and it's a great bow. The only negative I can come up with, which is common to most single cams, is the serving around the bottom of the string separates as it travels through the single cam. So plan on having it reserved every now and then.

Tim

Top Bottom