Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2002 Shotgun Seasons

fishorhunt

Nothing like planning ahead! I was just looking at the IA DNR site and noticed that the dates for first shotgun this year run from December 1-5. This makes the season a Sunday through Thursday season. I hadn't heard of this change yet and was wondering if this was a misprint. Has anyone else seen this. They also show second season being Dec 8-16 which is the usual week days but just maybe a little earlier than normal.

Years ago the DNR set the seasons on specific days of the week so hunters can plan ahead even if they don't know the exact date.

Rabbit and squirrel starts Sept 1. Deer bow season starts October 1. Pheasant season starts on the last Saturday in October. Trapping season starts on the first Saturday in November.

The first shotgun deer season starts the first Saturday in Dec and concludes on the following Wednesday. The second shotgun season starts the second Saturday in Dec and runs through the third Sunday. The late muzzleloader/archery season starts the third Monday in Dec and runs until Jan 10 of the following year.

Using this format the 2002 1st shotgun deer season dates will be Dec 7-11. The 2nd season will be Dec 14-22.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

I think you are looking at the dates for the 2001 season. The dates for 2002 I saw are Nov 30-Dec 4 and Dec 7-Dec 15.

Top Bottom