Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2003 bow buck

hillrunner

PMA Member
this probably wont work but ill try

2499bowbuck2003-2.jpg

thanks!, anyway, i shot this buck on Nov. 1, I was in stand well before light, and the sound of running deer was pretty much constant. I could tell by the way the deer were acting that there was a buck or two chasing some does. As it slowly became light, I could see deer flashing through the trees. Slowly they began working there way toward me. One by one the does came into view but no bucks yet. Suddenly another doe comes sprinting over the hill from the other direction , she keeps running and the other deer follow. Im thinkin what the heck, then a coyote comes strolling over the hill. I figured that was probably the end of my morning when i noticed a doe still standing about 15 yards from me.It was cool to watch this doe as she stood in alert and watched the coyotes every move until he disappeared out of sight. After the coyote was gone, the doe began to work her way up the hill to about 25 yds from me when suddenly I hear running, and see antlers coming through the trees. I could see he was a shooter right off the bat, my heart was racing as he came toward the doe with his head back , snorting as he approached. This doe wanted nothing to do with him so she took off. I thought the buck would follow but he kept working toward where the doe was standing. As he passed a tree i began to pull back, about halfway back, the buck looked up at me and I froze, he looked down again and I pulled the string the rest of the way, when he stepped into a clearing at 25 yds I let it go and he bolted. It was a perfect double lung shot and he was down within 60 yds.The 8 point buck scored 134 5/8.

Awesome job!! The story was great, makes you think again about staying on stand just a little longer. He sure is a nice buck and a hunt you will never forget
peace.gif

Top Bottom