Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2003 shotgun buck

buckinrut

Life Member
We had a very good shotgun season this year, with one minor issue. We hunted some private ground around my uncle's farm before hitting my dads timber where I do most of my bow hunting. We waited till noon since I have seen a few nice bucks come into the timeber later in the mornings while bow hunting. Getting ready to hunt my dad's timber on Saturday we noticed that some other group had alreay run my dad's farm, we proceed only to see no deer. We decided to leave it only on Sunday and hunt it first thing Monday morning. We saw over 20 deer, with 2 of them being nice bucks. I shot this guy at 146 yards and he dropped in his tracks. I hit him in his spine and ended up retrieving my slug from the exit side right under the hide. I'm calling him "One of the Twins" since another buck in the group looked very simalar to this one. I hope to get a shot at him with my bow. He is a big 8 pointer with 13" G2s and good mass.

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1615&password=&sort=7&thecat=997[/image]

One more try
7282003-shotgun-buck-1-thumb.jpg

Buckinrut - very nice buck indeed. Frustrating how people trespass, isn't it? Well I'm glad you got your buck and you know there is another one out there. Very nice rack on that whitetail. Congrats!
beerchug.gif

buckinrut, hey that's a dandy, congrats. Hope the trespassers didn't kill the buck with the tall tines out from under you.
wtf.gif

nice buck. sorry to hear about the wanderers, but it looks like things worked out in the end for ya.
waytogo.gif

I saw this buck at the taxidermist and you have to see it to appreciate it! Huge body, large head and incredible mass!

Way to go and Congratualations!~!

Way to go. Sorry to hear about the unwanted hunters, makes those of us who work at getting places to hunt very frustrated. Great shot too
applause.gif
applause.gif
Hope you get that other one with the bow.

Top Bottom