Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2007 Custom Rates

bjkpharmd

2007 Custom Rates

For those that hire plots done or other work. This should be a very rough idea of what to expect to pay as it doesn't consider small plots, travel, and other headaches to do an hour here or there.

I'll be honest these rates are much less then mine. I'd be interested in what variables were taken into account when they came up with these prices. I just want to make sure for those that read this don't think they can call the local farmer and get their food plots put in for under $10/acre. Again, either I'm missing something on this report, or I would say the prices are extremely below cost.

what do you charge roughly per acre from start to finish to drill 5 acres of corn or beans, or clover etc? i say roughly cause i reaalize their are variables so lets throw a 2 hour round trip drive and go from there.

In the heading it says rates below should be paid including gas and labor. I would include wear and tear on equipment etc. Do you think the report is more for approximate cost of seed/fertilizer etc.????

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest these rates are much less then mine. I'd be interested in what variables were taken into account when they came up with these prices. I just want to make sure for those that read this don't think they can call the local farmer and get their food plots put in for under $10/acre. Again, either I'm missing something on this report, or I would say the prices are extremely below cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, although you can save alot of money having your friend, who is a farmer, do your food plots. It is going to cost more than 10 dollars an acre like midwestfoodplots said. One should pretty well expect to spend 35-40 dollars an acre on a corn/sorgum plot. These are just figures from alot of plots that we take care of.

I just posted this as it has been discussed and posted in previous years. Most people won't even travel to take care of 5 acres so once you start asking for a bunch of small plots these prices go out the window. A neighbor has someone that will mow 20 acres and last year plowed and disked 5 acres for him. He did it for about 50% more than what is listed here.
You aren't going to get a local farmer to come do your custom work on plots during their busy time either. That is why guys like Midwestfoodplots and Raven are in business.

I had a few people ask about what we charge so I thought I'd put some numbers out there. I started doing things in ranges simply because of the variabilities in ground cover. I'm tickled to go into a previous corn or soybean field and in most cases charge $40-$60/acre plus seed. The variable is whether it's full of rocks or debrie. Old pasture/CRP ground is usually $60-$75/acre plus seed. This is an all inclusive planting price, which means we create a seedbed that you can plant a garden in, broadcast, drag and pack. I plant every food plot as if it where my own. At this price I do lose business to the local farmers, but my customers are not waiting until the end of June to get their plots in. We don't get rich off of it, but I'll take a day on my tractor over a day in the office anytime.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take a day on my tractor over a day in the office anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!
waytogo.gif

I'd say your prices are very reasonable...costs too darn much just to drive down the road anymore let alone haul equipment.

If one doesn't have equipment then someone that can be counted on to do the job is worth a heckuva lot!

Say,, Midwest Foodplots,,where are you located? I may want some work done after my now planted clover gets overun with weeds in a few yrs. I had a neighbor, who I thought was a friend, disk some ground, about an acre and a half, for me. He worked it for about twenty minutes, just disked it, then said he wanted 40 or 50 $ for it! My land is east of Ottumwa. Know of any reputable plot business down there?

I have a customer base in that area. The best way to reach me is via cell 515 554 6639. With enough notice I could work you into that rotation pretty easily.

I recently finished a no till Seeding that was done on the based on the higher number on the average. It was good ground and we could make about 7 acres per hour. Interesting it came out about the same as what we would have charged by the hour. The custom sheet is geared toward large fields in good condition. We charge by the hour for food plots because they are normally small but need all of same implements.We will also bid corn or beans as planted including all materails ie spray and Fert. Corn is about 200 an acre beans less than one hundred

Top Bottom