Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2007 Osceola

grandslam02

PMA Member
A friend of mine and I just got back from Florida. We had a great trip. We both killed birds and the weather was unbelievable. Cool in the mornings with low humidity. Perfect Turkey hunting weather. The cool weather had the snakes laying low as well.Shot this bird right on the edge of a cypress swamp.
2611March_19_Osceola-med.jpg

Awesome! Did you hunt with an outfitter? Reasonable prices?

That is awesome, glad the snakes were laying low, one day I will make it there for that hunt. Congrats on a great harvest

Congrats!!!!
i hope to make it down there to kill one too one of these years?!?!?

thanks for the congrats. this was a do it yourself hunt on state land. as far as the birds being different the big difference is the habitat they live in. They love to roost over water when they get a chance. they are not afraid to walk across a shallow swamp either. They will use areas called "oak hammocks" that are basically little islands within the swamp that have large oak trees and palmettos. Most years gaining access to where they roost and hang out is the toughest part because of the pockets of water that can be deep. other than that the birds are very similar in the way they act and respond to calls. The big difference in appearance is the wings. the barring on the wings is very dark and broken up. Gold tip - the spurs were right at 1".

Top Bottom