Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 Archery Gobbler

Crimson Arrows

I have hunted on my birthday for the past 18 years and have yet to harvest a bird on this day. So, I headed out on Wednesday to a farm a good friend was gracious enough to let me hunt. The morning was exciting but like most of last week, the birds just wouldn't cooperate. So, I headed to another farm of my friends and set up in a strut zone. I got set up at 8:45 am and after one hour was about knocked off my seat by gobbler. I hadn't staked my blind in because I got lazy and as he came in a wind storm seemed to follow. I had to hold the left side down with my leg and the right with my arm. He came in and fake-rushed my deeks 5 times before he started getting nervous. I came to full draw quickly and although he was on his way out I was able to get my arrow off in time. He was my heaviest to date at 25.5 lbs, 9.5" beard and spurs just shy of 1 1/2". A sweet birthday gift :) Good luck to all the rest of the year!

picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom