Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 Bowtech Captain

pete

Well I broke down today and bought a new Captain. Made the mistake of shooting one a week ago and finally broke. Sweetest shooting bow I've ever shot.

Pete

Pete,It came down to that bow and a Marquis.
I basically had to flip a coin and decided on the Marquis.

Sweet bow,and name,...nonetheless.Good luck with it.

Welcome to the dark side! I to purchased a captain a few weeks ago. All I can say is IM IN LOVE! Fast,Quiet and Shock Free. Cant wait to hit a 3D this weekend. I've shot an LX since 03'
and still like it but its getting retired as of now. Good shootin.

Congrats on the new W.M.D. Pete. I can't buy one this year, seems I've spent most of my fun fund on ammo BUT if I were to buy one, THAT would be the bow!! So for now I'll covet yours.:way:

I still can't believe they seem to improve on them every year. You wouldn't think it would be possible to make a better one but somehow they tweek them just enough to do it.

I just picked up a new Captain yesterday. It really is a sweet shooting bow. I tried the Admiral and it was a sweet shooter too, but it was too short for my taste. I traded in my 82nd Airborne rocket launcher for it. Hopefully this one will be a little bit more manageable.

Now I have a gripe! Maybe I'm being a little petty here but I'm gonna vent anyways. I asked the guy at the shop where I buy all my bows, after I paid for it, where my new hat was. We looked in the box, no hat. We opened 5 more boxes and none of them had hats in them. I guess they don't give free hats anymore. Also when I took out the little plastic bag with the paperwork in it I notice a little sticker on the bag that says that if I want a 2009 owners manual I have to go on line and download it. When I opened up my registration card there is a deal in there for us new special owners of Bowtech's that if I want to send them $14.95 + $6.95 S&H they will send me a hat, tee shirt and a lanyard.(regular price $34.95)
Now I know times are tough and I'm sure they are probably saving millinos of dollars by not including a hat and an owners manual with the new bows, but come on, I don't think this is any way to stay on top of the archery game.
Like I said, maybe I'm being petty, but after I shell out my hard earned money for a bow that has a sticker price of $849 I'll be darned if I'm going to pony up another 20 odd dollars to advertise for somebody elses product. I love their bows, but I don't think this is a good direction to go in. Thanks for listening, I feel better now.

I just picked up a new Captain yesterday. It really is a sweet shooting bow. I tried the Admiral and it was a sweet shooter too, but it was too short for my taste. I traded in my 82nd Airborne rocket launcher for it. Hopefully this one will be a little bit more manageable.

Now I have a gripe! Maybe I'm being a little petty here but I'm gonna vent anyways. I asked the guy at the shop where I buy all my bows, after I paid for it, where my new hat was. We looked in the box, no hat. We opened 5 more boxes and none of them had hats in them. I guess they don't give free hats anymore. Also when I took out the little plastic bag with the paperwork in it I notice a little sticker on the bag that says that if I want a 2009 owners manual I have to go on line and download it. When I opened up my registration card there is a deal in there for us new special owners of Bowtech's that if I want to send them $14.95 + $6.95 S&H they will send me a hat, tee shirt and a lanyard.(regular price $34.95)
Now I know times are tough and I'm sure they are probably saving millinos of dollars by not including a hat and an owners manual with the new bows, but come on, I don't think this is any way to stay on top of the archery game.
Like I said, maybe I'm being petty, but after I shell out my hard earned money for a bow that has a sticker price of $849 I'll be darned if I'm going to pony up another 20 odd dollars to advertise for somebody elses product. I love their bows, but I don't think this is a good direction to go in. Thanks for listening, I feel better now.

It sounds like they went the wrong way to me. To bad, it kind of makes you wonder what other kind of poor choices they could be making? That's hard to believe.

Your shop owner must not be in the loop. Bowtech is sending out the hats directly to the consumer this year after you send in your warranty card. Seems no one was sending this card in and even worse, some shops were taking the hats out and selling them separately (shame, shame). The only bows missing warranty cards were a couple of the early fall order bows that cams out last October/November, the rest have had them included.

I will be headed to Buck Hollow Sports to meet with Boyd soon and I am leaning towards the Captain. I'd like to shoot the Admiral, Captain, and Hoyts Alpha Max 32 & 35. I think I will lean towards the longer axle to axle bows so it will probably be the Captain or the Alpha Max 35. I've been a Mathews shooter for more than a decade so it's gonna seem wierd, but I'll get used to it.:D

I've been a Mathews shooter for more than a decade so it's gonna seem wierd, but I'll get used to it.
yeah, going from a mathews to something as awesome as a bowtech takes a bit of adjustment........you'll love it

yeah, going from a mathews to something as awesome as a bowtech takes a bit of adjustment........you'll love it

You were right Teeroy, I do love it! No regrets yet!:way:

Thanks for the post Pete, it certainly played into my decision making!

Top Bottom