Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 Contest SUGGESTIONS

muddy

I am thinking of doing the contest differently this year. Prizes to the top teams and the number of teams receiving prizes will depend on how many prizes I can scrounge up. Gun and bow lumped together, probably 2 or 3 man teams.

One thing I am going to look at is having two drawings. Drawing one will have names of people who have actually turned in contest scores and drawing two will be people who sign up and then decide to not hunt last minute, thus messing up their teammate.

I was also looking at making a couple "celebrity teams" that will choose their own partner and in doing so not receive any prizes, just present a score for other people to shoot for.

As usual, anyone that wants to donate time/materials to make a prize like the clock, beard holder, or homemade call that we had last year just send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Thus far I have a few DVD's lined up, that's it.

Thanks!!

One suggestion from last year that will be put into place...

If your bird has multiple beards you are only able to use the longest beard when figuring out the score.

Thanks Limb!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your bird has multiple beards you are only able to use the longest beard when figuring out the score. </div></div>

Just wondering, but why do it like that? Seems like thats taking away from the bird. It's kind of like saying we are only going to score typicals in the big buck contest in my opinion.......

BUT whatever, i'm still in....just complaining /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It will make the scores closer and the contest a little more exciting.

Opinion duely noted, and vetoed! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Muddy,

How about setting aside one prize for the best harvest photo to be voted on by all those in the contest by 5 days after season. If you don't enter a harvest photo, you are not voted on obviously. It might get more harvest pics up on the site. Just an idea.

Gundog

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One suggestion from last year that will be put into place...

If your bird has multiple beards you are only able to use the longest beard when figuring out the score.

Thanks Limb! </div></div>

Wha, wha, wha.............sniffle, sniffle, sniffle...... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

I guess we might as well throw out all non-typical rack entries from this years BBC as well. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One suggestion from last year that will be put into place...

Thanks Limb! </div></div>

Wha, wha, wha.............sniffle, sniffle, sniffle...... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

I guess we might as well throw out all non-typical rack entries from this years BBC as well. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Critter, everyone knows its harder to kill a bird with ONE long beard than it is to kill one with THREE beards. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Don't kill a new state record bird with 9, 8 inch beards, you won't win the contest /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you weren't lazy you could have a typical and a non-typical category. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

As well as break it up into state divisions.........once again, the lazy thing though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

State and region of said state depending on subspecies determined by a DNA test that would be submitted and paid for by said contest organizer. But once again, LAZY.

Oh my...........You're WAY off on that one Chicken. " Paid for by contest organizer"?????????? It'll never happen that way......once again, TIGHT!!!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Crickets chirp. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

How about some sort of stepped bonus for birds harvested with compound bow, recurve, longbow or antique firearm. An no, 1980's vintage Remington 870's wouldn't count. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

No, no, no, and no. If you can kill one with a sling shot then I'll maybe consider something. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

i will make a suggestion. i will have to get the official OK from randy, but, for ARCHERY TURKEY HARVEST ONLY, and for IBA AND IW MEMBERS, we will do a harvest photo contest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about some sort of stepped bonus for birds harvested with compound bow, recurve, longbow or antique firearm. </div></div>

comes up every year, no way to fairly determine bonus. if you think someone with a shotgun has it easier, then use a gun. its (supposedly) just a simple, basic turkey contest. no need to add more work on muddy's part than absolutely necessary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can kill one with a sling shot then I'll maybe consider something. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I can see Shovelbuck carving away in his workshop now, preparing the perfect sling shot for his big hand! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Just a friendly jab Jay, truth be known, if anyone could do it my money would be on you! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

teeroy said:
i will make a suggestion. i will have to get the official OK from randy, but, for ARCHERY TURKEY HARVEST ONLY, and for IBA AND IW MEMBERS, we will do a harvest photo contest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no need to add more work on muddy's part than absolutely necessary </div></div>

Man Teeroy you are being easy on him.

All he is doing is changing diapers and putting kids to bed. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
The real work comes when they get older.

Heck I have been doing that for 18 years now (it feels like) with four kids. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

i've spent plenty of time with twin babies, i know what he is going through. only difference is that i could go home when the "fun" wore off.

as far as the IBA turkey archery harvest photo contest goes, prizes would be some form of IBA swag. i may have to save some of the new stuff back before it hits the shelves /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom