Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2011 archery deer mounts back

Nothing better than big bucks on an old barn wall! Great shot, thanks for sharing......look forward to next year's collection.

Late muzzy kills are not done yet. But if all goes according to plan. We will have another great year. We have far more big deer on cam this year than we ever have. Hopefully we can put a few of them down.

Haha. Yeah my wife did kill the biggest buck. Hopefully that doesnt happen again this year, jk- she shoots a bow better than most people. I like to think that's because she had a good teacher. The buck she killed I had at 244 yards during the 2010 late muzzy season. We have his sheds from 2010 thanks to a friend who is also in the pic. One daylight pic of that buck in 3 years, just so happens it was the day before she killed him. We pulled the camera card as we were draging him out. The harvest photos of my buck and her buck are on here if you care to look for them. Thank all of you for the comments. And rich99- glad to see you finally got an account

Yea nice bucks! are they all from Same area in Iowa? We took a group photo of our families head mounts and nice board and skull mounts a few years ago. It was on a wooden fence but barn looks alot better!

The photo was about 10 years worth of deer now in the last 3 or 4 years we have basically doubled or tripled the amount of head mounts its crazy what managing the deer herd can do and how genetics have seemed to get better.

Good Luck this season!

Yea the deer are all from the same general area in Iowa. Pockets of managed ground. Limited shotgun hunting, or should I say un-effective shotgun groups. They try, but rarely kill anything worth a hoot. Some of the farms get shotgun hunted, not very hard or effectively. But we Try limit thengun hunting to just people sitting in stands. Keeps the deer a lot more calm and huntable.

Must be on facebook. But a huge body would be an understatement. Second biggest body I've personally seen in Iowa. Talk about a terrible uphill drag. He died in one huge ravine at 2:30 in the afternoon. .my brother had to sit on the front of the fourwheeler to keep the front wheels on the ground. - actually a mainframe 10 with a kicker on his right g2- .

Funniest part is before we left for our stands we had a 30mph north wind. I said one of us might get a chance at a good deer on the way in because we were both hunting perfect stands for that day and wind! And wouldn't you know as soon as i got set up in my stand bow hung, rattle horns, binos, grunt tube, range finder out and all ready. Here came the text got a good one down! So now being the nice brother i am (and i know he would do the same if roles were reversed) i get EVERYTHING put away and head to help him out and get pictures i was in my stand a total of maybe 10 min! So not only did i get a good nature walk i got to see the biggest bodied whitetail id ever seen! Well worth it!

Great looking bucks. I wouldnt take anything too serious but do take their advice about deer hunting. Hell I have been a member for almost 6 years and only have 175 posts. But you can bet I have read about every post. Anyways good luck hunting this year.

Top Bottom