Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2011 Shotgun Buck

TheMadCatter

Time to make up a story, oh I mean tell it. The wind was blowing from every direction 100MPH I tell you, heard a Deer coming from 400 yards away and shot him in his tracks at 250 yards ;) :D

Naw, time for the real story. It was about 12:30pm and our group was getting tired. Well, we didn't get to the spot where we were supposed to be and a Buck I saw last night (160s class) ran right infront of us 60 yards and I took 3 shots missed. This Buck comes over the hill and I heard 2 shots and it comes right to me, he's limping.

Well, I take one shot at him he turns around runs right to my Dad who takes a shot. We all missed besides another kid in my group. We blood trail him 200+ yards and everyone gives up but me. I sit down and I see movement 100 yards of and start to sneak, there he was.

EDIT: The blood trail went onto another guys property and nobody would call him but me.

He started limping my way at about 50 yards and I took a shot and hit him right in the heart. He went down FAST. The other kid shot him in a non-vital place and he would have lived if I didn't shoot him. I ended up gutting him, tagging him, and keeping him. We played out the rest of the day and this was the biggest Buck taken other than the Buck from yesterday. Good luck to everyone else who still has a tag! :D

Thanks to God I had a great hunt!

EDIT:! Forgot to add this, we had some kids with high powers and shotguns trying to hunt our place. They sure used a lot of Sirs when they were talking with my Dad. Thought the entire hunting group was going to shoot their truck a few 100 times. They ended up yelling and messin' the hunt up but still got that Buck. If you look and see the hole in his shoulder, the slug got stuck there and I cut it out. I shot him good on the other side.

12135-100_0267.jpg

12135-100_0279.jpg

12135-100_0268.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one.. congrats on following up on a deer you knew had been hit. That's the way to do it and give us shotgunners a good name. Hopefully the rest in your group took notice.

Now, if you didn't have to flip that hair out of your eyes before taking a shot, you would save some money on slugs.. :)

Congrats on a great buck and way to stick with it when the others gave up! Even better that you thank God for his blessings!:way:

Way to go Biebs. Way to stick with it and "Never Say Never" :way:

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Nice one.. congrats on following up on a deer you knew had been hit. That's the way to do it and give us shotgunners a good name. Hopefully the rest in your group took notice.

Now, if you didn't have to flip that hair out of your eyes before taking a shot, you would save some money on slugs.. :)

I liked this group, we were all safe and legal. I told the kid who shot it to come with me and try to get it but he went and got in the pick-up and didn't even try. I was bummed he didn't end up shooting it. It was a long drag back to the road by myself.

Top Bottom