Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 Bow Harvest

jl_miller

I made it out Yesterday morning to get in the stand about 40 minutes before shooting time. I have been behind the eight ball all season and had only managed to get in the stand one other time before this. Right at shooting time I was just kind of looking around for any movement when I could hear heavy leaf crunching coming from my left. I can only see about 30 yds. that direction because it is really thick brush with a good trail through it. I pulled my bow off of the hanger, hooked my release and he was there. I instantly committed to shooting him and came to full draw. He continued almost right under me and just when I was going to stop him he did it on his own. I made a good hit on him, one lung and heart. I Watched him run behind a tree, so didn't see him crash. I gave him 45 minutes and never heard anything else out of him, so walked to right where I last saw him and there he was. I will be the first to admit that it is better to be lucky than good. :way:
6379-img_20131109_105943.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom