Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 Iowa Taxidermy show pics

ReinertsonTaxidermy

It was another great show with a bunch of talented artists. I got to meet some new friends and catch up with old ones. I hope some of you were able to make it this past weekend. These were my favorite mounts of the show.

I'll start with the 2 taxidermists that are IW members and represented eastern Iowa taxidermy pretty darn good.

Durk Sterner (Stuffy) cleaned up with this awesome gobbler. He won 1st place pro, best of category, and NWTF best turkey awards. Great job Durk:way:
durk.jpg

And here is a mount I brought. It won 1st place in pro, best of category, and the people's choice awards.
danwi.jpg

This lion was something else
lionro.jpg

Unreal bobcat
bobcatj.jpg

Monster grizzly
bearjv.jpg

Zebra on an elephant tusk
zebraq.jpg

Striped bass that looked like he was just pulled out of the water
colefish.jpg

I really liked the agressive whitetail
clinto.jpg

Gobblers by Dana Shultz. As you can see cleaned up on awards and won best in show.
danax.jpg

I love looking at mounts that do the animal the justice it deserves! These all definitely fit the bill! Great work guys! I just watched an episode of "immortalized" last night and what a disappointment...

I didn't make it there until about 1:30 sunday, due to work. But i did drop of my deer head. Thursday. When picking my deer head up I was told it was a very good commercial mount but not so good as a competition mount. I now know where to improve on!!! I received a score of 68, two points from third place.

Well done all!!! Come on Breiner... show em your not perfect (yet :rolleyes: ). Post a picture of your aggressive buck with the red ribbon. Him & his buddy look pretty good too. ;) :drink2:

That aggressive buck is awesome!!! and that is just a six point right? What did he score? Always loved big 6's!!

At 28 years old Dana is a prodigy. Most guys work their whole life to win best in show. He will be known as the best bird guy in the country before long. I can't wait to get my turkey from him in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for posting these pics Brian. It was another great show. To all who do some taxidermy work, this is a great event to attend. Please dont think, that its a bunch of people who receive a ribbon, and then keep to themselves all of their secrets. Its the complete opposite. We're all there to help each other.
And if you attend the banquet, I guarantee each year you will shed a tear, when we present the mount to our annual "Catch a Dream" young hunter.
This year was no different, our young hunter, was a 12 year old girl. She was able to shoot an elk in Colorado, which the ITA mounted.
Her brother donated his bone marrow to her, when the guide heard about this, the young man harvested a mule deer himself, (the ITA surprised him with his trophy mount)
To see and hear the young girl get very emotional and tell her story on how appreciative she was of her brother, there was not a dry eye anywhere.

Top Bottom