Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 Live from the stand updates

TheMadCatter

I remember seeing this last year and a lot of you guys posting stuff. I figure I'd reopen the thread. I'm out in one of my best stands along a fenceline. I've seen 1 decent sized 9pt and that's about it. Hearing Owls chatter right now.

First time I've used my smartphone for Iowawhitetail only had this thing 5 days and its hard to figure out!
ForumRunner_20131016_161556.jpg

Sitting in a brand new setup and staying optimistic. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I'm sitting right now as well-on the ground in a brush pile to see what evening activity is over an alfalfa field. Goodluck!

Love your enthusiasm TH...keep after 'em, and good luck :way:

How is cross country going? Seem to remember you ran, and know this is the heart of your season. Anyway, good luck bud...

NWBuck

In a set this morning in a tiny little pocket of trees. There are a few brush draws nearby that I have a feeling are the home to one of the bucks I know of in the area. I've hunted this spot a few times I'm the last couple weeks and have seen nothing but does. Its a spot where I'm not expecting to see much if anything but wouldn't be all that surprised if a big buck would walk by.

Anybody else out this morning?

I'm out right right now in northern IL in a set on a standing corn field that I have one tall eight on cam that I would like to see. I have yet to sit here so we'll see what happens!

I'm in a stand now where I have a bug 10 and 9 on camera. Surrounded by turkey and basket rack 8 right now

Had a small 8 wander through a little while ago and just had a yote trot by at about 15 yards. Didnt see him until he was past......

you guys put your phones down and hunt. I missed out on a big one last year by messing around with my phone. He came out of nowhere. You never forget it.

Just settled into my favorite set up. I attached my gopro today to my bow, hope to film something good.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Got to my stand, about to head up and I hear some rustling from my right. No more than 25 yards away this guy was bedded down.

Busted out of there like a freight train. First deer seen from the stand and to say I'm disappointed is a understatement, but still plenty of time for the night to turn around!

Attachments

• image-2102465633.jpg
    image-2102465633.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 180
Drooling right now! Big 10pt 160s 250 yards messing around in the beans. My buddy who taught me how to bow hunt is stalking up to him right now! This should be good.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131020_080224.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131020_080224.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 178
  • ForumRunner_20131020_080241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131020_080241.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 173
Top Bottom