Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 antelope hunt

6x6

PMA Member
Colton, Corben and I just got back from a 5 day public land antelope hunt in Gillette Wy. Our favorite waterhole had a pipeline going in, so we just hunted spot and stalk, with a decoy, all week. I shot mine by following him with the decoy untill I got close enough for a shot. Colton slipped in on his buck, between his harem and water. He waited 5 1/2 hrs the first day, before getting his shot. The goat dropped and the arrow skipped across his back. The next afternoon he got another shot, after waiting out the cows to move on, so the antelope could water. He ducked again, but not enough. Goat in the pond! We will take Corben back up mid October to try to fill his tag on a good one.

Last edited:
Thats a western Hognose snake, not a rattlesnake. But they sure do look alot alike. I hope you didn't kill that one, they are strictly toad eaters. Is that one playing dead ? Because they do that as well. Awesome goats by the way !

Last edited:
No, I don't harm snakes, just took a pic and sent him on his way. Little sucker was so mad he bit his own butt.

Great job! Definitely something I plan to do myself. Not too wild about the snakes either. Good luck when you head back!

Top Bottom