Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 bow buck

countrybob

Not the anywhere near the biggest buck I've killed. But he came through at 15 yards limping. So I made the judgment call to harvest him and stop his suffering.

Didn't find a break but haven't cut him up yet. Definitely wasnt using his front right leg right. Hope I made the right call.

My guess he was limping from an old injury that had healed up and he had a permanent limp. The injury also impacted his antler growth. I have seen it several times. Probably no suffering at the time of shot but prior to healing I'm sure there was some issues with that.

Congrats.

Yeah thats him. Put the tag on him right after tge pic. Hard to drag them out and not rip the tag off. Had the confirmation number on the tag before I moved him. So if they have a problem they can kiss my ass.

I did the same thing about 10 years ago during shotgun season. A buck came hobbling by and I thought he had been shot earlier that day so I finished him off. Turns out he had injured his front leg way before that day as his leg had healed but he could not use it correctly. He was a big old buck body-wise but just a messed up little rack.
Love your steak sauce by the way! :D

Top Bottom