Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 bow buck

thank you and yes he was a 6x6 but broke off g5 in the last two weeks

photo_popup.php

I passed on another deer about 20 minutes early and was second guessing if I should have shot that buck. I had about 4-6 does to my right a few hundred yards out and I could see chasing in the back. I kept glassing but figured it was the 8 I had just passed. When out of no where they all start running. I glass and see this stud in the rear nose down on a doe. They all kind of scatter but his doe makes a bee line down the ridge I'm on. She comes in front of me at 20 yards and he's hot on her trail. At 30 yards to my right he stops in an opening and I let it fly. Double lung pass thru, I see the arrow flip out the other side as he donkey kicks and takes off. He runs straight down the ridge and piles up 50 yards from where he was shot. I couldn't believe I had just shot the biggest deer with my bow. I sat there for about 20 mins before I climbed down and called a few people. A very bitter sweet moment not having my uncle there. I used his stand and sticks to hang this set and was only going to shoot a mature buck. He passed away a year ago to a sudden heart attack and is missed by many. I passed on a lot of deer to shoot this one and it finally paid off.

Top Bottom