Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 Iowa Deer Classic Pics

4 Buck;559234. Sure wish i could've ran into Melissa Bachman!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE said:
The beard would have either wooed her or scared the hell our of her... I'm still a bit scarred from our encounter :D Great talking with ya man.

"The beard would have either wooed her or scared the hell our of her"

I really want to say something but I better leave that one alone.:D

Wow,

Unbelievable drop from last year! Hope this isn't the trend...............

Drop in the number of deer or people????

I would say they nasty weather we got probably make a lot of people steer clear with bringing deer down, however I'd say we may finally be hitting the peak with the commercialization of deer hunting as we know it. Seeing 5 different companies trying to produce and sell the same product (the hay bale blind) I would say things are hopefully on the downhill slide of this craze of superstar hunter/product around every corner.

came up with from the 210 to 220 gross or 205 net... that's without spread. Would love to see some pictures of the sheds 220 w/out spread is a giant.

Thanks for the pic, BM! I was unable to make it, and I was extremely disappointed. I wanted to get a chance to meet some fellow IW members. I also wanted to take a mount up, and I glad it was a down year for antler size. I would've felt less embarrass if I had taken my buck up.

I wonder if Onecam went, and took some pictures, aswell? He seems to take pictures of everything, and gets a lot of pictures of the bucks that are submitted. I like to see the size range between the deer that are taken up. It also is a good way to scout out mount poses that are appealing.

camo658 "I wonder if Onecam went, and took some pictures, aswell? He seems to take pictures of everything, and gets a lot of pictures of the bucks that are submitted."

No, OneCam was not able to make it due to kids activities Friday and Saturday and illness on Sunday. I was on assignment but also entertaining the family so my photo time was slightly diminished. But............anyone else with photos is welcome to post here!!!!:)

Last edited:
Hard to identify him without his normal bonkerflauge on...

I agree, he must have been in civilian camo trying to blend in. :D I have seen that same guy jump out of a helicopter a couple times too. Wonder if he had his own booth, explaining how not to drive a Rhino? :)

Wonder if he had his own booth, explaining how not to drive a Rhino? :)

Yeah, it is a pretty easy sell. I show 'em my scar, show 'em an empty bottle of tequila then show 'em a picture of a crossbow. If that isn't enough, I make them listen to my shoulder pop and grind. Nobody ever drives a Rhino too fast after that.

Drop in the number of deer or people????

I would say they nasty weather we got probably make a lot of people steer clear with bringing deer down, however I'd say we may finally be hitting the peak with the commercialization of deer hunting as we know it. Seeing 5 different companies trying to produce and sell the same product (the hay bale blind) I would say things are hopefully on the downhill slide of this craze of superstar hunter/product around every corner.

Ive been going to shows for 20 years now and its all the same, yes its hit a saturation point, I only go to the show to see old friends and watch the leader boards/walls of big bucks. I never buy anything at the shows, hell even beer costs an arm and a leg.

Top Bottom