Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 Muzzleloader Deer

After 3 days of family Christmas's 12/28 finally arrived for my brother and I to hunt. We had 8 days to get it done before it was time to go back to work. We started the day not so bright and early by arguing about who's truck to drive. We figured out we both had no gas so no matter what we'd have to go to town first to fuel up.

After we fueled up we headed to our first creek. When my brother and I hunt together we take turns pushing and posting creeks. Our first 3 walks resulted in a handful of small bucks and a doe. On our fourth creek I was pushing towards my brother. 1/4 way through the section I jumped a coyote and took him out. My brother thinking I had shot a deer walked down to the creek where 2 more coyotes jumped out. He took out 1 while the other headed south. While I was trekking toward my brother another coyote busted out but never provided a shot. After discussing the coyotes we decided this creek might not hold many deer and decided to move on.

We dropped the coyotes off at Dad's and decided to make a 20 minute drive to my buddies farm where our other brother had seen a good buck during shotgun season. I dropped Pat off at the West side of the section and made my way back to the east where I found a spot to sit on the creek bank. I had only been sat down for a few minutes when I heard a shot from Pat's direction. A few more minutes passed and I felt my chest start to vibrate from my phone. A short distance into the walk Pat's buck jumped up and he put him down!! He grossed 138 7/8" with a 22" spread.
picture.php

picture.php

We took Pat's deer back to Dad's and hung him up. By the time we talked with Dad it was to late for me to go sit somewhere so we decided to get some windshield time trying to find me a deer. We'd been cruising for 20 or so minutes when 3/4 across a section I saw a herd of whiteys out feeding. I turned the truck around and put the spotting scope on the group and saw that there was a couple good bucks with them. I decided with the wind and the terrain I had a good chance to put a stalk on them. My brother took me around to the other side of the section and the stalk was on. When I got within 100 yds of the buck a doe spotted me and put some of the herd on alert. Luckily the bucks didn't care and kept feeding. The bigger one finally gave me a shot by turning broadside and coming up the hill. I put a good shot on him and he went about 20 yds and hit the dirt. He ended up being my biggest to date with 14 scoreable points and a gross score of 155".
picture.php

picture.php

It was probably the greatest day of hunting my brother and I have ever enjoyed together. I definitely can't wait for next year.

Sorry for the long read, I hope you've enjoyed it.

Congrats, to the both of you. Love the Width on the top buck and the second has a extremely beautiful cape. It almost appears to be a mule deer!. Both Great Deer to wrap a tag around!

Top Bottom