Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2014 whoops buck

flugge

Here is a buck we called Sparkler. I shot him the morning of November 3rd in all of about ten seconds. I thought he was a different deer that we wanted to get out of there when he jumped the fence and stood a mere 4 yards away. It all happened so fast, I didnt look as close as I should have. Either way, I am happy with him as any deer with a bow is a trophy. He was a young deer with lots of potential. I have to admit, this is the first year that I have dressed out deer that have had so much fat in them yet. This guy actually left NO blood trail. Fat had plugged the hole, and the gf shot a doe on Saturday that did the same exact thing. Either way, we are happy and still have two tags tags to fill. Needless to say, lesson learned looking more closely...Hes a 12 pt that grossed 137... Would have been a giant in 2 years (if he would have made it past the neighbors)
picture.php

I dont know too many folks that have been at this for awhile that havnt made a "whoops" on a deer.
It happen, congrats on the deer and thanks for posting it

"I dont know too many folks that have been at this for awhile that havnt made a "whoops" on a deer".

Absolutely. Great genetics on that guy and like you stated a bowkill is a trophy no matter what. Great shooting.

Agreed that everyone does it. Here was a big Whoops from a couple years ago. This one about made me cry.

That buck is bigger than anything I've seen from the stand so far this season. :(

Congrats and be thankful. :)

Congratulations on a fine buck killed with a bow, no easy feat!!!

What is done is done so worrying about the oops cannot fix a thing. Things do happen fast. I confess to worrying when walking up to my buck this year that I had thoughts in my head that I could have been mistaken on what I was seeing in those few seconds I had to make a decision.

Top Bottom