Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015 season in review

JRudd

Aim small miss small.
This year wasnt overly great with the inches, but in memories it tops the charts! Ill start with pictures and short captions first and then post stories of the ups and downs when i get more time:

I took my bro out and we hunted over ole scare face.. We had a buck come in REAL fast at first light and posture up to the decoy! the way it happened, i dont blame him for lettin the arrow fly no matter the size of the deer lol Sure had me pumped up! I watched that buck all season. tight 8 pt, with some decent mass for a 3.5 yr old... his body and hoofs were the most impressive, right along side his attitude lol all caught on video with a phone mount on my brothers bow.

Dad stuck this buck for his first bow kill! Measuring at 134" for an 8 pt. He has a thing for big 8's without a doubt! When i got the call, he said "i just shot a small 8... got the monkey off my back". I figured he was just pulling my leg, as he is known for playing it off lol! "small 8 my ass" was my exact quote! what a great buck to take for his first kill with a bow! double lung and clipped the heart, this buck only went 40 yds
picture.php

I followed a week later with this buck. I passed on deer this size and bigger all season. I really only got one quick look at his right side before i let the arrow go. Didnt realize he was broken up and didnt have the size i was looking for. And if not broken up, He would have had a beautiful 6 pt left side. Good sized body and aggressive buck with 3 broken tines, and a scar on the left side of his face/neck. shot was 23 yds, and He ran 60 yds and piled up. I do have to say, of every buck i have ever killed with a bow...this encounter is one of my favorite to date as far as excitement and how the hunt unfolded! Hes far from being "big", BUT I will never kill another buck with a bow that doesn't give me that feeling! His Skull is bleached and ready for a skull hooker
picture.php

My buddy and i tag teamed this buck on the last day of Gun2. Its a good thing we are close enough friends and didnt let a buck come between our friendship. A memory that will last a lifetime! Best shot, first blood, etc was put into consideration. Final decision was that ill take the taxi bill and im giving him a big 10 pt euro to display in remembrance of the season. Now i have a taxi bill and less wall space lol
picture.php
picture.php

Now, its on to late season honkers and Late Muzzy! My wife will hopefully get to have her chance at a late season stud! Praying for snow and cold weather! Until then, we each have an antlerless tag that will help stack the freezer for the upcomming year:D

Better stories of the hunts to come... if i have time lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom