Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015 shotgun buck

picture.php

Having trouble getting pictures up with my Iphone so hopefully this works.

First buck of the first drive and first shot so I was happy.

Nice buck. Did that middle buck shed it's right side or was it broke?

Lyon. It kind of did both. When they went to drag it broke off. I examined the antler and it looked like 3/4 of it was already free and the remaining part snapped.

On one drive I was waiting for a driver to even up the lines and I had a really nice buck, larger than the one shot in the picture run up to me within about 40 yards and stand perfectly. Unfortunately he had lost his right side. Kind of a heartbreaker to have such a stud in front of you and he's missing a side. He should be good next year if he makes it.

Lyon. It kind of did both. When they went to drag it broke off. I examined the antler and it looked like 3/4 of it was already free and the remaining part snapped.

On one drive I was waiting for a driver to even up the lines and I had a really nice buck, larger than the one shot in the picture run up to me within about 40 yards and stand perfectly. Unfortunately he had lost his right side. Kind of a heartbreaker to have such a stud in front of you and he's missing a side. He should be good next year if he makes it.

I kinda of wondered if it had shed. I've seen quite a few pictures on facebook already of fresh sheds being found. I've seen two GIANT bucks in the past 5-6 years while late muzzleloader hunting that have been half racks. One gave a buddy of mine an easy shot, but like you, he passed. Tough call for sure.

Top Bottom