Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 Trad Harvest

Crab Claws 12

PMA Member
This year I committed to hunting with the stick bow again for the challenge and satisfaction I get from hunting with trad gear. I have a favorite tree I like to hunt on south wind days and it produced again for me, I sat it Saturday the 5th from sun up till sun down saw some good action around me but no shot opportunities with a south wind again forecast for Sunday I headed back in ready for another all day sit, at first lite I had a small 6pt chase a doe right under me I was thinking this is good hoping a bigger buck would come by one the trail of this hot doe, but one never came, sat there for a couple hours with no more sittings until around 8 two bucks made there way up out of the valley east of me and where doing some light sparing about 80 yrds away, when they had there heads up I grunted to them one whipped him head my direction and marched on a string right to my tree giving me a perfect 15 yrd slightly quartering away shot I couldn't pass up! My arrow hit perfect hitting right behind the shoulder and just pocked out the other side, he only made it 60 yrds I watched him go down.
This makes 5 bucks I've taken from this tree in the last 6 years. He's defiantly not my biggest but score realy didn't matter much just wanted a good opportunity with the stick bow.

Fantastic! Congrats. I have a lot of respect for guys that are willing to hunt with traditional equipment.

Congrats! It's a different game with a stick! I have hunted with recurve and longbow, it is a rush! Great animal,

Nice shooting with the Bear recurve, nice bow! I often think about going back to a recurve, my kills with that are still my most rewarding hunts I've experienced.

Top Bottom