Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.22 lr Ammo

Monsterbuck

My kids just turned 8 (triplets) and I feel they are ready to learn the basics of shooting a gun. With that in mind I ordered them a youth model .22 rifle last week and am waiting for it to arrive.

I haven't really been in the market for ammo in quite awhile as I mostly bowhunt. I was aware of a shortage of .22 ammo but thought that things had gotten better and that it was now readily available but it appears it is still in short supply (or maybe excess demand describes it better).

Anyway, can anybody point me to resources for. 22 ammo? I don't want to drive all over town looking for it or wait outside a stores doors before opening to see if any ammo came in on the previous nights truck. I also don't want to pay gouging prices or allow the people taking advantage of other hunters and sportsmen to profit.

Are there any stores in the Des Moines are that will allow you to preorder ammo or that has a waiting list where customers can purchase ammo in turn?

I have 22LR ammo in stock - I do not have any "CHEAP" ammo as that is virtually impossible to find but I do have some target, subsonic and Match ammo from RWS which is really good ammo. I promise I am not gouging on price as I mark it up barely over cost - starting at $7.99 a box. I just checked and my prices are cheaper that what Midway has for the same stuff - and no shipping worries - I have it here available now.

Last edited:
I just looked at Midway and all of the ammo under 13 cents a round are out of stock or unavailable. I hate to pay double for ammo for plinking but will keep that as an option if there aren't any alternatives.

Last edited:
they are 15, and have been deer hunting with me since the age of 9 with the muzzleloader and have each shot 2 deer every year! they can't get enough of it

Top Bottom