Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.22 rifle scope recommendation

Daver

PMA Member
I have a .22 with open sights and I think I am going to get a modest quality scope to go with it. (Old age and bifocals make for reduced accuracy with open sights! :D)

What reasonably priced alternatives would you recommend? I will willingly pay more for a US made product v. a China import too. But this isn't a long range elk rifle either. I will use it for occasional target practice and a squirrel hunt or two per year.

This is unbiased because I do not own one, but BSA makes there "sweet" series for a wide range of calibers including the .22LR. It is ballistically calibrated for the specific caliber of your choice. All you have to do is adjust the turret for the distance you want to shoot. Not sure if they are an American company or not, but the scope is right at $175.00 I believe. Let us know what you go with. They get very good reviews and have a lifetime warranty. Just an idea.

Last edited:
look into the 22 mag series from Simmons - 3-9X32 - rings included - about $45

Very nice setup for the price - I have them on several of my rimfires and have been extremely happy with them.

I also have the 3-9X Simmons 22mag series and it is all you would need in my opinion.

Agree wholeheartedly. I helped set several of those up on AZGFD .22s a few years ago for a bullfrog removal project in SE AZ...and then put them to use. Great scope for the money and you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom