Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

greatwhitehunter1

Bambi Down
Well, I'm sure everyone knows all about the .22 ammunition shortage no matter where you live... I've had some good deals back ordered on Midway USA but who knows if they will ever come..! My question is, does anyone know where I can get my hands on some for a decent price? Havent shot my .22 for a year+ because I only have like 50 rounds!!! Frustrating especially when hoarders have over 50,000 rounds all over the place... thanks

Good luck. I have talked with several stores that say they get it in regularly, but iy is gone in 30 minutes or less when it hits the shelve. For a working guy there is no way to get it in the middle of the day.

I'm hearing the same thing as fatboy here in the QC. Sucks too. My son has been working odd jobs and saving his money to buy his own .22. It would be his first major purchase of anything all with his own money but he won't buy it until we can find a decent supply of rounds.

Yup, I have also heard from several store employees the same thing. I would not buy from any local stores anyways because for only 50-100 round boxes that are available the cost is outrageous! I even had a guy at Scheels hook me up with some (he would call me and let me know when the shipment would be there) and I thought man! Finally I can get some ammo! Well turns out I learned all about small quantity & large costs. Miss the days going to Walmart and buying 550 rounds for 15 bucks and shooting it all in a weekend...

Walmart in Omaha has had it just about every time I have looked , If u call first they will not tell u the truth U just have to go .

About a month ago I happened to be in the Cedar Falls Scheels and they had probably 20 bricks of winchesters on the shelf for $30. I grabbed one and two other people took one as well at the same time. Right place right time. A few weeks ago Cabelas had remington golden boys (550 packs) on sale for $24.99 online. I ordered one as soon as I heard about it. It wasn't much more than 10 minutes later a co-worker tried ordering one and they were sold out. Again, right place right time. Just keep watching everywhere you can.

Sad really sad what happened to ammo. I used to go to walmart just about every Friday night for years. I would buy 22 in win white box remington and whatever else they had. Lots of times I spent 200 to 250 bucks on ammo alone. Bought 40mm ammo cans to put it all in. Then boom cant even find one on the shelf now. I have it but am too afraid to shoot it. I have all kinds of 22's even ones still unfired but have not shot.
I can still find 22 mag ammo which I buy also. I was at the archery shop in agency and they had a nice bunch of win 22 mags and I should have bought them all.

I am now hording pellets for my bone collector and for some reason I dont miss shooting the big cool guns.

Last edited:
I am just about ready to buy an air rifle for the younger one to plink with.

Last edited:
Be patient with Midway, GW. I hit the "notify me" button for several brands of bricks and was able to go from half a brick to 6 or 7 bricks now and that's just since last May/June. Of course, like Lyon said, its been right-place/right-time and I had to drop EVERYTHING and get on line IMMEDIATELY. I had a few where, by the time I hit "submit order" they were out of stock. Having a sister-in-law working in a Walmart in El Paso, TX also helped! She found a guy who had 2 2-brick packs (4 total bricks) for $100. I owed her big time! You end up paying about $40/brick with the shipping (Haz fee sucks), but if you have them on backorder (and they're honoring it), they will get there.

If you lived closer, I'd hook you up with a brick. I bought a brick of steel-cased Russian .22LR for my daughter's Cricket and it won't extract after its been fired. I hate have to use pliers to get the spent case out. Only 5 rounds shot before I gave up. It may well feed fine in other rifles, but since it is for her and won't work in her rifle (worry about me later), I'm willing to part with it.

Lots of 22LR ammo for sale on Gunbroker if you don't want to wait for Midway or Cabelas to get it in stock. The hoarders have made inexpensive ammo a thing of the past, but ammo can be had.

What are people doing with all this .22LR ammo? I get that it's good 'training' ammo but people weren't hoarding 20,000 rounds before all this happened. So, what's going on?

Washington is causing it all. Cant ban guns and high cap mags well just short people ammo.

I have a new reloader now still in the box. Now just find me some large rifle or pistol primers.

Washington is only responsible because Obama et.al. have scared people into hoarding (buying 20,000 when 500 or 1,000 would be plenty).

Washington is only responsible because Obama et.al. have scared people into hoarding (buying 20,000 when 500 or 1,000 would be plenty).

Agreed, the people buying the ammo are the ones making it scarce.

But the other question is where are all the reloading components? Bullets are banged out a million per second practically. Gun powder is a man made substance....aren't these companies rapidly ramping up production to fill demand?

I don't even see stuff in stock. Maybe there are people waiting in line evrey morning to get ammo, components, etc now but it doesnt even appear to be shipping to the stores & distributors.

AZhunter- I understand your frustration! Thanks for the offer man.
I think all of us gun owners are obviously in the same position and we are all aware of what is truly going on behind the governments white lies. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time like was said. Thanks all for taking the time to give input and even vent a little haha.

Agreed, the people buying the ammo are the ones making it scarce. But the other question is where are all the reloading components? Bullets are banged out a million per second practically. Gun powder is a man made substance....aren't these companies rapidly ramping up production to fill demand? I don't even see stuff in stock. Maybe there are people waiting in line evrey morning to get ammo, components, etc now but it doesnt even appear to be shipping to the stores & distributors.

I'm saying government conspiracy! This ammo shortage has been going on too long, I would think by this time supply would have caught up with demand.

I have a pretty good sized territory in my job and stop and stores all the time. I can't find more than 50 shells anywhere and they are all some weird brand. Drives me crazy. I inherited a nice lever action 22 and have not even shot it because I only have about 100 shells total on hand. sucks.

I have a pretty good sized territory in my job and stop and stores all the time. I can't find more than 50 shells anywhere and they are all some weird brand. Drives me crazy. I inherited a nice lever action 22 and have not even shot it because I only have about 100 shells total on hand. sucks.
I don't have any guns or ammo either.:rolleyes: NSA is asking.... ;) LOL

I'm saying government conspiracy! This ammo shortage has been going on too long, I would think by this time supply would have caught up with demand.

Most of the stores around have almost full shelves EXCEPT for .22. I think supply has done pretty well at catching back up when you keep in mind what the demand was a year ago.
As for the .22 supply. I don't quite understand it. I suppose its gotten to the point of nobody can find it so once they do they grab it whether its needed or not. My guess is it will take awhile for everyone to feel like they have enough and quit buying. Do you think the fact that .22 is not reloadable has anything to do with it?

Top Bottom