Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

23 Pointer shot opening day

The Wal-mart buck is what he's being called on several IL online sources. Heartland Outdoors did an article on the buck as well. Great buck, congrats to the hunter!

I got sent a text with what i am pretty sure is the same deer, different guy holding it though. Text said eastern Iowa.

yes it is true, shot right on the edge of Carrol IA. Saw trail cam pics of him from earlier this year.

In Laws live in Carroll and had heard of a giant living behind Wal-Mart. I was up there last week and they said it was still alive but thought it wouldn't make it thru shotgun season because so many had seen it. Guess they were right....

I should have hunted there!

Here is another pic of the buck in Carroll Co. Dont know the details of the hunt. Just hearing the same the rest of you are hearing....shot around the Wal-Mart on the west side of Carroll.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,035
Yes it is true! 28 scorable points and the green score is 231 7/8..

Shotgun opening day..It is called the Wal Mart buck because it was watched and seen by many on edge of town next to and in back of Wal Mart.

Huge article on front page of Daily Times Herald today.

It was fun to watch him when he was alive. Rumor is that he was at least a 12 year old deer. ( something I was told by a guy that works right next to Walmart.) he I'm sure bread with a lot of the does. And with genetics like that I could see there being another. But who knows!

Ya, but all those does got hit by cars in front of the wal-mart..

Awesome buck fer sure.. congrats to the hunter..

Top Bottom