Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd archery bird!

Sticks

PMA Member
Well guys its been awhile since I've posted on here but last saturday I was able to harvest my 2nd archery bird. Its been a long season thats for sure. Tons of tough breaks and close encounters.

I took a jake earlier this year and for my second tag I was holding out for a nice tom. Last friday a few buddies and I loaded up and headed down to southern Ia for a weekend of turkey hunting. Got down there at about 5pm set the blinds and hunted till dark. Ended up having two toms with 40 but no shot. Just weren't interested in b mobile.

Fast forward to saturday morning. Same spot. Had a bird roosted within a 100 yards but never showed himself. At about 9 we packed up an headed to a piece of state ground and we were setup by 9:30. Did some calling and had one bird way off in the timber. About 11am now were going to be packing up within the next 15 mins. Me and my camera man brett are just talking about heading out and he goes BIRD BIRD BIRD! I figure ok maybe a hen coming in but I peek out the blind and full strut coming right at b mobile. Before you know it he is face to face with b mobile. I release the arrow and it hits him right in the breast meat. He jumps up and kicks b mobile off his steak. He is not sure what even happened the whole time in full strut and now pecking at b mobiles fan. I nock another arrow an burry it in his throat. Game over.

Only weighed 17.5 lbs
1 1/2 inch hooks
11 inch beard

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

Last edited:
Top Bottom