Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd season troubles.

EVIL X

PMA Member
Many of you had good success 2nd season. I hunted Saturday through Tuesday. I am no turkey expert but what I believe I witnesses is the peak breeding/hen'ed up period because I had virtually no gobbling after Saturday. I was just curious if anyone else had similiar results. I was hunting in Wayne county. Also, for the more seasoned hunters what have you had good luck with on those no gobbling/responding to calls days other then the normal camp out by the roost tree tactic?

I hunted all weekend as well. I had lots of toms gobbling but everytime i saw a tom they had hens with them and were not about to leave for my decoys. I would agree that many of the toms were henned up. Got to see alot of turkeys but none would commit. The cold windy conditions did not help either.

They're henned up real good right now. Mornings have been a bust for me all season. I've only called in birds in the afternoon.

I've Sat until 3 every day since Saturday,and after early am not any action. I though that same thing, try to catch one lonely after 10 or so and it would be history for him. I think since the season is slighly altered this year I should of tried first season.

They started to fire back up around 4 o'clock for us but in the morning it was lots of gobbling. While in the roost but very little once they hit the ground also had hens hitting the ground very early and pulling the gobblers to them we had hens coming down before sun up first time I have seen them do that 3 Days in a row

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom