Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Season

kjwehrmann

Second season was fun as usual. The group i hunt with needed some redemption from last year. We had 0 luck on anything last year. Opening day, we seen more shooter bucks the first couple hours of hunting then we have in a long time.

We went after as many as we could, Got some shots off on some really nice ones.

The buck i shot, i was walking a pretty decent ditch. I was on the north side, brother n law on the south side. We were walking East. His two brothers were covering walking west and walking north. Father n law walking south. I walk about 50 yards in, i see something move in the switch grass, look and all i can see is antlers, couldn't see the body. I stop for about 3 seconds he jumps starts running east first shot connects, hes hurt pretty bad, but still manages to run a long ways.

We get to the fence and notice he is standing in the middle of the section on a hill with 3 does. We watched him for a while. He never moved from that spot. So i started my very long stalk hunt on him. The does busted me, the buck however didn't move at all. I got with in 15 feet of this buck, i was behind a terrace. I stand up, he looks right at me, i shot, miss horribly! He runs north, were my father n law was walking south. He injuries him more. The deer ends up bedding down in a creek. I seen him go in but never came out. This is the result. Biggest i have shot. He is a main frame 8 with two kicker hooks on each G2 to make him a 10.

Deer2012.jpg

Last edited:
Cool looking buck, and neat story. It's amazing how sometimes the shots we miss are the 'easy' ones (if there is such a thing). Congrats.

Top Bottom