Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3 dead deer!!

tph

i posted about the dead doe i found a couple weeks ago, but tonight while walking to my stand i noticed a dead deer in the pond.. i got a stick and dragged it in, discovered it it was a nice buck!!, i walked along the edge of the pond on the way back and found another buck on the shore!! i am guessing EHD?? this sucks as the nicer one was on my hitlist! ill try to get pics.
what do i do? anything? contact DNR?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
picture.php

what a shame, that sucks. I think you're suppose to contact the dnr as soon as you find them, but I could be wrong.

Yeah let them know how many you have found. They cant test it since its been dead over 10 hours, but we all need to keep giving them the numbers to prove they need to cut back the antlerless harvest, even though they wont. Way too nice of a buck to die that way. Get a salvage tag.

If you get a salvage tag for deer who have EHD are you supposed to take the whole deer like with any other salvage tag? Just curious because I would not want to mess with any of these deer who have been cooking in the ponds for a week.

i have heard bad things about our game warden, he will either take the head, or make me cut the antlers in half! he dont want to just hand out tags

tph said:
i have heard bad things about our game warden, he will either take the head, or make me cut the antlers in half! he dont want to just hand out tags

Call your county sheriff, he should be able to issue a deprivation tag...

Top Bottom