Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

#3 Trespasser/antler thief

tawnymara

Davis County. This one is from March 2010, did not get identified before so I thought I would give it one more try. Any help is appreciated in identifying him so he's not back this year! Thanks!

picture.php
picture.php

Oops- I see davis county now. Hope u catch him. Chat with neighbors, dnr and sheriff too

Cheap binoculars and no hat???. Must not be a very serious shed hunter! LOL;)

And March 14th 2010 was a monday, so he is most likely umemployed also if he is shed hutnting at 1:44 pm during the week???

This is a dumb question, and i've never shed hunted before, but why does someone need great binocs? and even binocs at all?

This is a dumb question, and i've never shed hunted before, but why does someone need great binocs? and even binocs at all?

With the use of binos you can scan fields and look at anything promising from a distance, you will be amazed at how many you can pic out with a good set of bino. In a nut shell it saves a butt load of walking.

I'll second the notion that binos are very helpful while shed hunting, I think you will be surprised.

And March 14th 2010 was a monday, so he is most likely umemployed also if he is shed hutnting at 1:44 pm during the week???

Not everyone works a 9-5 weekday job. I know I have my fair share of mondays off.

What i love, is that the pics are only 4 seconds apart. He was moving quick for a big guy. He went from 5 yards from the shed to picking it up and taking a step or 2 in a mere 4 seconds. He sure as hell knew he was jumping fence. Good luck catchin the guy!!

What i love, is that the pics are only 4 seconds apart. He was moving quick for a big guy. He went from 5 yards from the shed to picking it up and taking a step or 2 in a mere 4 seconds. He sure as hell knew he was jumping fence. Good luck catchin the guy!!

Funny you mention the fence thing, cuz if you look really close, it looks like there are a couple of fence wires in the background, and he looks to be walking from it and back to it.. which means tawny is probably placing antlers infront of cameras right by the fence... don't get me wrong, trespassing is trespassing whether you're reaching over a fence or galavanting across someones property... but putting a shed right by the fence? You'll make an honest/ethical hunter guilty all day long... I know it would sure be tempting for me to grab one right on the other side of a fence as well as probably most people on this forum... If I'm not right, then why after approximately 10 yrs plus of following a couple different hunting forums have I never seen an ATL that someone posted that was on the otherside of the fence and they just took a pic,left it lay, and merrily strolled off to find another bone.. after all, one of the best places to find a shed are along fencelines and is probably one of the first places most people look.. you can't tell me that if you were walking a fence line and saw a shed from a 200" buck laying even arms reach over the fence that you wouldn't pick it up... thankfully, I've never came across seeing an antler on the other side, but that's mostly becaue I barely shed hunt... I know one day ill probably be faced with the tough decision of fighting the temptation and I honestly can't say what I would do... but placing a shed by a fence to lure hunters across is ridiculous.... just my .02

I sure as hell don't see the fence that you are talking about, all I see is a creek or drainage in the background. Glad you aren't hunting on property that borders mine Airassult.

I sure as hell don't see the fence that you are talking about, all I see is a creek or drainage in the background. Glad you aren't hunting on property that borders mine Airassult.

166121_10150096893274609_500039608_5740253_4654369_n.jpg

It's faint, but it's there.. Two perfectly straight black lines going across the middle of the pic, extended from the red lines... That's the 20/17 vision kicking in I guess....

For the record, I have permission to be across/ shoot across the bordering landowners fence on two of the 3 sides and the other side doesn't allow hunting at all.... So, I'm glad you don't hunt next to me either, Kansassdeerslayer :way:

Could be a third shifter.... Pretty retarded of him to wear blue jeans too, wasn't very concerned about anybody seeing him. Oh and good eyes airassault maybe you should take up shed hunting ha ha.

Last edited:
The job I have I shed hunt quite abit during the day, Im a route driver so during my breaks or on slow days ill find some public ground and walk around,

Top Bottom