Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

300"er in IA!

TallTines

DSC01719.jpg
[/img]

Well he's not a whitetail but you don't get a trail cam of these everyday. i don't know of any game farms in the area but who knows where he came from. I can't see a ear tag when I zoom in. If you hunt along the Cedar river watch out!

But I also got another nice pic in the same spot of a droptine buck.
DSC01770.jpg
[/img]

If someone has zoom capabilities go for it.

dang.....
your post title had me worked up!!!
nice elk....definately not somthing you see every day!!!

I really don't know if I'd be able to hold off if that thing came under my stand. Ultimately the angel on the one shoulder would convince the devil on the other that it's not a good idea being illegal and all, but damn, sure would be tempting.

It looks like there is something underneath that elk maybe a growth or something?? Not really sure though.. Nice buck pics.. Good luck with the elk situation, are they illegal? If there is no season for them doesn't it make them fair game? Or not? I know of someone shooting a muley once in a great while in Iowa and there is no law in that.. Just say "Its heading right for us!!" and Shoot.. haha jk jk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrewCrewOutdoors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like there is something underneath that elk maybe a growth or something?? Not really sure though.. </div></div>

well there are two types of elk.. girl elk and boy elk,,, that looks like a boy

There's one running around near West Union too. I think there was a jail-break on a ranch near here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrewCrewOutdoors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like there is something underneath that elk maybe a growth or something?? Not really sure though.. </div></div>

well there are two types of elk.. girl elk and boy elk,,, that looks like a boy </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't know if I'd be able to hold off if that thing came under my stand. Ultimately the angel on the one shoulder would convince the devil on the other that it's not a good idea being illegal and all, but damn, sure would be tempting. </div></div>

Is it actually illegal to shoot a free roaming elk in Iowa? Guess I never looked at the regs...

It sure is fun checking these cams though...you just never know what you might find! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Photoshop? The elk looks out of proportion to the grass. That is some extremely tall grass or one dwarf elk. (IMO)

Switchgrass gets pretty tall... and TallTines said he pulled it off his own camera, his reputation speaks for itself with me.

take a look at the deer compared to the grass...the elk is further yet, so all is good to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Photoshop? The elk looks out of proportion to the grass. That is some extremely tall grass or one dwarf elk. (IMO) </div></div>

Here are some does that got there pic taken about 2.5 hours later.

DSC01722.jpg
[/img]

A few years back I was hunting an area that had an exotic farm several miles away. A big goat of some kind got loose and the owners never could corral the thing. Local officer told us it was free game. If it's not in the reg.'s bombs away.

Here a couple years ago there was an Elk running around and it was on the local news. The DNR specifically sated NOT to shoot the animal. I realize that it would be great to shoot one however I wouldn't want to loose my license either. I watched a white deer run threw a timber my group was pushing. Thought it was an albino however it turned out to be an exotic deer that was suppose to be white. The DNR again told us not too shoot it. Before anyone goes too crazy about shooting this deer make sure you contact your local DNR before you do I would hate to hear someone loose their license for shooting an Elk just to say they did.

Top Bottom