Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

36 Hours Mosquito Protection

blake

Life Member
Up to 36 Hours of Mosquito Protection for Adults and Kids

Houston, Texas - Weather experts around the nation are predicting that this year's mosquito season could be "worse than normal" due to heavy rains and warm weather. While this may cause you to reach for the nearest Environmental Protection Agency recommended DEET insect repellent product, newest studies on DEET reveal some new information on DEET(an insect repelling chemical found in 90% of insect repellents on the market) that consumers should be aware of.

Researchers writing in the open access journal BMC Biology say DEET, has been found to be toxic to the central nervous system. They go on to say that more investigations are urgently needed to confirm or dismiss any potential neurotoxicity to humans, especially when DEET-based repellents are used in combination with other neuro-toxic insecticides. Vincent Corbel from the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement in Montpellier, and Bruno Lapied from the University of Angers, France, found that DEET also inhibits the activity of key central nervous system enzymes in both insects and mammals.

In addition, a new European study has linked the use of DEET in the first trimester of pregnancy to a higher incidence of a birth defect in male babies. The study was conducted at the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology in Barcelona, Spain and also by the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health at Imperial College London, UK.

With new data on DEET coming to light, consumers may want to look at some natural alternatives to deter pesky mosquitoes. Just in time for summer, the Don't Bite Me! Patch offers a natural solution in a topical patch. Made from two natural ingredients, Vitamin B1 and Aloe, the clear and discreet, topical Don't Bite Me! Patch delivers Vitamin B1 and Aloe throughout the body which reduces human odors attractive to biting insects. Simply apply the waterproof skin patch to a dry, hairless area of the body two hours before going outdoors, and enjoy 36 hours of reduced attractiveness to biting insects.

HOW IT WORKS
Vitamin B1 is the key ingredient in the Don't Bite Me! Patch, and when applied to the skin, metabolizes in the body to reduce the human odor that is attractive to insects. The Vitamin B1-based formula is absorbed into the bloodstream through the patch, and excess B1 is excreted through the body's pores, creating a slight odor that is almost undetectable to humans but forms a protective barrier around the body. Aloe, the other key ingredient, contains anti-inflammatory properties and has been reported to alleviate pain and swelling associated with itches and burns.

MORE
"Families and outdoor enthusiasts want to enjoy being outside without constantly worrying about insects," says Chari Kauffman, co-founder of Don't Bite Me! "At the same time, as research continues to build around the potential risks of DEET, particularly for children, parents would rather rely on natural and safe alternatives to help avoid insects."

"We've heard from a growing number of parents who rave about the convenience of the patch," adds Kauffman, whose friends have tried the Don't Bite Me! Patch during a weekend camping trip with their family. When the mother of the family arrived at her campsite, she discovered she only had two patches with her instead of the four she needed for her family. She quickly applied the patches to her two daughters. All weekend, the girls were bite free, while she and her husband were covered with bites.

Don't Bite Me! Patch offers the following positive attributes as compared to messy sprays, lotions or towelettes:

* Waterproof
* Lasts up to 36 Hours
* Total Body Coverage
* Clear, Discreet Patch
* Safe for Children
* No Sprays, Lotions or Towelettes
* Natural, Safe, and Simple
* 100% DEET Free

"As a lifetime prime mosquito target, it (the patch) has really changed my ability to spend time outdoors in certain conditions. Probably more important is that my husband is as susceptible to deer tick bites as I am to mosquitoes. One summer before the patch, I removed more than 30 deer ticks from his body. After using the patch, I can't remember a single one," says Anna Hannon Gill, a pleased Don't Bite Me! Patch customer.

Don't Bite Me! Patch is available in boxes of 5 patches, 10 patches or 20 patches. Buy the patch online by visiting www.dontbitemepatch.com .

Interested media may arrange a meeting with company management by calling 512-294-6218.

About Don't Bite Me! Patch
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the Don't Bite Me! Patch was developed by concerned and caring parents who wanted to make a difference in the lives of their children. The insect-repellent effectiveness of the product and its ability to help so many people has rendered its founders passionate about bring the product to the world. The company is passionate about breaking the Don't Bite Me! Patch into the African market, where one child dies every 30 seconds from Malaria.

Dawn Ryden Avalon Communications (512) 294-6218

This post is for informational purposes only.I am not affiliated with this manufacture/company and I am not receiving any compensation for this post.

picture.php

Top Bottom