Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3rd Time = CHARM!

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Again, not in the midwest, but this past Sunday, we took the kids fishing again. I guess the 3rd time really is the charm. We've tried on 2 previous trips to get our son Jacob his first fish, but to no avail. Keep in mind he turned 2 on Dec. 24 this past year. He walks around constantly saying "I go fishing!" and "Go fishing next week!" Sunday, we got up and took advantage of the great weather and the road into our favorite fishing lake finally being open. His older sister has a habit of slaying them there and is now an "expert at catching monsters" as she likes to point out. I don't know if I posted pics of her trip last spring break (2009), so I'll throw one at the end. Unfortunately, she came up empty this trip, but she was a very good sport about it. She even got her hands very dirty helping me clean the fish. Jacob caught the most fish (2) and had the most bites.

As usual, I watch the rods while the kids throw rocks, play in the mud/snow/ice and just have all the fun. When there's a bite, I (hopefully) hook it up and hand the rod over. Sunday with Jacob was no exception. The pictures just don't do his expressions justice when he saw the fish he was reeling in. At first, he was scared of the wiggling fish, but after seeing his sister grab them and touch them and such, he quickly followed suit and wouldn't quit touching them. He actually kissed the fish when my wife suggested he do so! :D Sunday was a very exciting day for me as a dad to watch my son get his first fish and watch his big sister be just that: a big sister helping her little brother love fishing! There isn't anything better than taking your kids out fishing and hunting! :way:

Landing his first fish:

picture.php

Proud of his first fish:

picture.php

Reeling in fish #2 for the day:

picture.php

Sydney from spring break 2009 at same lake and exact same spot:
picture.php

Way to go Dad!! Believe me, in what seems like just a few years you will look back on those photos and wonder where the time went.

Take lots of pics, the whole family will enjoy them later.

Top Bottom