Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4/15 report

bukket

Had a nice morning. I didn't hear a single gobble all morning. The wind sure kicked up after the sun came up.

I had a hen fly down @ 6:45 with a tom close behind. They fed in the corn for 35 minutes and worked from 300 yards away up to 75. After they disappeared a BIG tom showed up from the same spot and proceeded to put in a 20 minute strutting spectacular. This is the biggest bird I've ever seen. He would respond to my calls but had no interest in coming closer than 250 yards.
Had a jake show up, yet again from the same place @ 8:15. That's when a neighboring farmer showed up behind me with his chisel plow. That ended the morning...looked like a bomb went off as turkeys scattered.
I moved my setup 200 yards towards the action. I think I'll go out again this afternoon and sit for awhile then head down for a long weekend of hunting with the family.
Felt weird carrying the bow out with me, but it was exciting holding it in position to draw when the first two birds were working towards me!

Did anyone else hear any gobbling this morning?

I heard three half hearted gobbles and i mean half hearted. There was nothing to them. A buddy of mine said i was lucky because he also never heard one gobble this morning. I don't know is it the wind? It's just wierd how one days they can be all fired up and the next nothing. I hope tommorrow they are in there fired up mood.

Don't worry Jethro! There waiting for tomorrow!
grin.gif

i was out fishing this morning, and heard quite a few gobbles, but they were a LONG ways off (to the south, of course)

Top Bottom