Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Limb Chicken

Well, it took a blind, deaf bird with one leg to finally stumble into my blind on Friday...

Not any gobbling in the usual places so I moved twice to get set up where there was some action... I always wait an hour or until I hear a gobble fairly close to start calling. I set up and ten minutes later hear a gobble that is in another field but around 150 yards away. So I start calling and nothin...
confused.gif
Then I started to talk real dirty and the light switch was turned on... There was actually three and I knew they were getting closer and finally saw them coming so I shut up and made sure all unused windows were closed (a lesson I learned the day before) and got ready. Well about that time I hear the pfffft rooooom, look out the window and there is one strutting... Well then the nasty ole hen wanted to ruin the party and he turned and started to strut the other way and I knew I wouldn't be able to compete with the real thing so I figured it was now or never and I put the pin on his head and let er fly, he dropped in his tracks! So then I didn't want these other birds to know anything was up and I knew they were going to show up so I ran out to get my bird who was motion less and picked him up and then his nerves started in. I was trying to run with him with those big damn wings goin his spurs diggin into my hands and blood everywhere and I still had to get the decoys. Well after the three ringed circus I finally got everything into the blind and with blood running down my face and trying to catch my breath the other three finally show up and walk within 25 yards of my blind and ease off thinking the love of a lifetime had left them cold... Little did they know there buddy did one of them a favor.
evil.gif

Then yesterday I missed a chip shot when two of the hottest birds of the year came in... go figure. The birds are working real good now.

264_25_04.jpg

Sorry...
9 inch beard
7/8, 7/8
around 20 lbs... didn't weigh him... too lazy to walk 200 yards to get the scale...
evil.gif

Ahh..... Come on Limb you should of left some of that blood on your face for that pic. That would have made you look like a "real" warrior. Great pic anyway! Congrats!

grin.gif
I have enough trouble scaring people with the way I look with out the blood on my face... I left it on the blind and my pants though.
waytogo.gif

Nice job Matt. I wish the birds would have worked for me this am, I had my 3.5 year old daughter with me in the blind. Just 2 deer a 10 yards were the only things in view but that made her day

That is awesome Shredder... Deer have ruined more hunts for me this year than any other... But I don't know if my son would have been able to hold it together if he had deer that close to him... won't be long... Hope all is well with the new one... our new one is just starting to sleep through the night...
waytogo.gif

Congrats Limb Chicken on the bird. I feel better knowing that I am not the only one that missed a chip shot. After I shot my son told me that I should have my mouth washed out with soap and that if he had his 20 ga. he wouldnt of walked away but he has to wait until 4th season.

way to go limb!! congrats, all i can picture right now is you running accrossed a field holding onto a bird flapping away lol
smile.gif
ive done that too, and it is exciting
blush.gif
beerchug.gif

Great Job Limb!
grin.gif

The birds have been real fired up lately, lots of attentive hens around as well.

KPM,
Imagine realizing you missed after chasing him over two steep ridges...
wstupid.gif

LIV,
I was laughing so damn hard by the time I got in the blind I didn't think there was any way those other birds were coming in...
grin.gif

Top Bottom