Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4 wheeler Sprayer/Boom/Pump Issue...Help!

SpursandSheds

Spurs & Sheds
Have a new sprayer/boom for our 4wheeler, won't seem to hold pressure unless the tank is full. Then it still only holds about 20psi. Once the tank is close to half empty it will not hold pressure unless the valve is shut off. Has anyone had this problem and can anyone offer some advise as to how this may be fixed?

i think its the pump, but we just purchased it a couple months ago, and have not used it due to this issue. Also, have used it with the hand sprayer and the boom, same issue.

We had a problem with our sprayer holding pressure and it turned out to be a piece of a seal from a herbicide bottle had gotten stuck in the line. I'd check to make sure the lines are all clear first. We got the small piece of foil out and the thing works like new again

If its a fimco there is a screen in the fitting coming out of the tank that may need cleaned. I had similar issues until I found it and cleaned it out.

check all of your rubber seals in fittings going from pump to tank and it may even help to smear a little grease on the seals to ensure a tight seal..

Fimco? If you get a new pump, you can get em at Tractor supply- pry will return it. If you did purchase another pump (trying returning 1st), buy the gold protection plan, can exchange for new pump for 2 years for any reason. Like others said, I'd clean the heck outta it, filters, check all seals, etc. What you spraying through it? If you spray anything like Atrazine or Simazine or any thick stuff- it can slow the thing way down and eventually ruin the pump (another reason to get that protection plan). I'd go through all the process above. Also, do you have the agitator all the way on? Maybe turn it off so all the pressure goes to your booms. just a thought

I've gone through 2 fimcos in 2 years. Pretty much replaced everything but the tank. This year new pump, on/off switch, manifold and recirculate line. spend more time working on it than using it. Last year it was all the little valves leaking. Fimco said they had a bad batch of them and sent me a dozen new ones, and half of them were bad too. I put the bigger pump on it this year to get more pressure and it helped, but it also collapsed the tank a bit, guess i don't have any leaks now. Good luck.

I've gone through 2 fimcos in 2 years. Pretty much replaced everything but the tank. This year new pump, on/off switch, manifold and recirculate line. spend more time working on it than using it. Last year it was all the little valves leaking. Fimco said they had a bad batch of them and sent me a dozen new ones, and half of them were bad too. I put the bigger pump on it this year to get more pressure and it helped, but it also collapsed the tank a bit, guess i don't have any leaks now. Good luck.

Funny but not really.... My sprayer had so many tweaks and fixer-ups that I did, it was incredible. I had to replace all those valves every week or 2 for several years SO I don't buy this "bad batch" crap. Really, the little Fimco's from Tractor Supply, etc are JUNK. I actually quit using mine about 2+ years ago and only use my tractor sprayers, I have the little Fimco for my Gator as a BACK-UP only BUT I'm gonna have to bust 3 Tractor sprayers before I get to it, hope it never happens cause that Fimco is about as reliable as a 1978 Yugo.

Top Bottom