Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4 years of tag soup ended

Greekhawk

I've been bow hunting for about 4 years now. I have passed up seveveral bucks and have been caught by several deer. I have missed shot opportunities and blew encounters with a very good sized buck. This year started late for me. While on a deployment to colorado I was furghloed back to Iowa. I had been out a few times and not seen very much. A friend of a friend suggested we try a new piece of land. About 4 o'clock friday this guy walked past my stand. This is where the real story starts. Just as I hit the release he spun to his right (facing away from me). My arrow entered just in front of his rear left hip. For what seemed to be the next hour I watched as he very slowly walked off. After awhile I got down and found bright red blood. I was relieved, However I knew the next day I had to go out of town. I backed out for a few hours and came back around 9. We followed blood in to the middle of a switch grass field. Finally about midnight we did one last check by water then called it a night. Saturday came and I felt sick to my stomach all day! I couldn't wait for Sunday morning, matter of fact I didn't sleep at all saturday night. Finally Sunday morning came and I jumped out of bed and went down there looking. I must start by saying I left the house expecting to find nothing but I had to look. Anyway on with the story, I started out walking the edge of the switch grass field, when I arrived at the west end of the field it staryed thundering like crazy. I thwn decided I better head towards the truck, but I would go through the woods back. About half way back to the woods I saw a white belly! I couldn't believe it there he was! I thanked god and ran up to him! I had just enough time to snap a picture then sprint about half a kile back to the truck while getting poored on. I am proud to say this is my first bow kill. Congratulations to all of the successful hunters so far and good luck to the people still searching!

ForumRunner_20131117_174732.jpg

Sweet buck, and I love it when the picture kind of tells the story of the weather on harvest day. Congrats :way:

NWBuck

Thanks everyone! It was a long time coming and I couldn't be happier! I now get to help my wife get her buck! Good luck to everyone on the rest of your season!

Top Bottom