Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muddy

Made a deal with my wife that if I helped clean the house yesterday afternoon I could go turkey hunting this afternoon. I had a pre school recital that caused a late start, but I was just happy it was sunny for once.

I did a quick drive by on 2 easy accessible farms looking/sounding for birds with no success so headed to a larger farm that I've always had great luck on. After hopping out of the truck I slammed the door shut and had one sound off not far away. I sorta blinked in shock but grabbed my gear and headed thru the old farmstead buildings near where I park. Rounding a corner I did a crow call and he sounded off again so I set up shop. A few minutes and yelps later he showed up and that was that. I walked the 150 yards back to the truck and headed home with my 4th gobbler of the spring. Though quite a bit lighter than yesterdays bird (probably cuz he's dry) he's still a nice bird with good hooks and a full beard. Pics came out real nice too for a phone cam tied to a branch with a 10 second timer. Maybe it's me, but I think his color is quite nice as well.

It was fun coming home this time, the kids were all awake, excited, and curious to see the turkey.

The boy is getting the hero pose down

All together.

Great season Muddy! Nice hooks!

Gotta love the harvest photos with young kids. As much as you try to get everything lined up, they just seem to do their own thing! It makes the picture just that much more memorable.

Top Bottom