Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

412 lb NE Buck?

doublerack

I'm hoping some of you Nebraska guys can shed some light on this. I got an email from a friend today with these pics stating 412lb deer killed in Nebraska. Anyone know the story behind this?
6052412lbdeerpic1.jpg
6052412lbdeerpic4.jpg
6052412lbdeerpic2.jpg

Yea its a hoax that made the round last year as from okla,year before from state in the north east....that all i know

I saw the same pics last year also, can't remember the "story" but it sure ain't the real thing. Sure would be nice if it were though! but I'd hate to drag the thing
crazy.gif

I remember it was last year, some guy from Minnesota claimed to shoot whitetails weighing up to 600 pounds every year, said he never shot anything under 400 pounds. Oh & that we should believe him because he was a cop. HA HA HA, LMAO
grin.gif

Im pretty sure this is the truth'
a few buddies and i turkey hunt on a Indian Reservation in NE Nebraska, Winnebago reservation,
im about 100% sure it was killed on that reservation, i saw a newspaper article on it in the winnebago natural resource office, i believe it did weigh 412 and was taken in '04.......
it is a fatty no matter how you look at it, but im pretty certian that all that is true.
i talked to the officer who took the photo, but somtimes stories get blown out of proportion
hope that helps

Heaviest Whitetail Deer
On a cold November day in 1926, Carl Lenander Jr. dropped a monstrous Minnesota buck with a single shot. Field-dressed, the deer weighed 402 pounds. The state Conservation Department calculated its live weight to be 511 pounds. No heavier whitetail deer has ever been recorded.

That is copied from Outdoor Life. Whether they know anything or not, who knows.

Dean

[ QUOTE ]
Heaviest Whitetail Deer
On a cold November day in 1926, Carl Lenander Jr. dropped a monstrous Minnesota buck with a single shot. Field-dressed, the deer weighed 402 pounds. The state Conservation Department calculated its live weight to be 511 pounds. No heavier whitetail deer has ever been recorded.

That is copied from Outdoor Life. Whether they know anything or not, who knows.

Dean

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i have heard that before but who knows
confused.gif

Not to hijack the post but what is the average weight of a mule deer. Seems by the pics, they tend to be heavier than a whitey

[ QUOTE ]
Not to hijack the post but what is the average weight of a mule deer. Seems by the pics, they tend to be heavier than a whitey

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I seem to be lighter in my pics too.
grin.gif

Live weight 511 lbs. dressed 402? I find it hard to believe that the gut pile weighed 109 lbs!
Not sure about the mule. Have never seen one in person.

Well, when the deer weighs 511lbs he carries a lot of guts. Proportion wise it would be around 80-100 lbs. If you figure most deer you shoot weighing half of 500lbs or less, have gut piles around 40-50lbs. Thats not a hog thats a cow.

For what its worth, I think it is true.
Down here in arkansas, we got the pics also, then we found out one of the guys was a forum member.
A guy on the ardeerhunting forum and his friend are the one in the pictures. One of the two posting, killed the deer.

Take it for what its worth, I guess he could be making it up.

If you care to join and read the whole story and additional posts, the link is
http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=11137&highlight=nebraska
If anyone is questioning the validity of the 412 # deer. I was the one that found the deer after 12 hours of looking. You would think that would not be that hard to find but 2 guys actually walked within 25 yards of it and never saw it! He went about 7-800yards without bedding Shot too high at 5 yards and only got 1 lung. Stan, My partner on that trip had hunted as hard as he could for 10 days and finally got a shot on a good one and thought he blew it. It bleed good for 300 yards and quit. That night he was as low as a hunter can get after a week of hard cold hunting and on one of the last days getting your chance and blowing it. (I got to experience this during the next leg of my trip personally) He keep telling us that something wasn't right about this deer, he was like an obese person trying to move through the woods. He was right. We were loaded up and headed out. I had one stand to pull and wanted stan to go with me to make sure I was safe then I suggested we go take one last look for the deer. 4 hours later I was standing over it in amazement. I walked back to the truck to try find Stan and an hour later he came running up the moutain grinning from ear to ear for he had stumbled up on the deer as well. Talk about hitting a HIGH.4 of us including the game warden did all we could to load it in the truck. I have the only pix and haven't even sent them to Stan yet for I am holding them hostage until I get my 5 year old gps full of data from 15 states back from him! I have them on disc but don't know how to post them. Somebody tell me and I'll show something unreal! They do grow bigger deer up north but this is still an anomoly. His chin neck measurement for taxidermy was 30 inches. I think forms top out at 29"

I got the same email last year from a buddy of mine from Lake City. He said that the guy with a beard is the one who killed it and he was from Truman.

[ QUOTE ]
I walked back to the truck to try find Stan and an hour later he came running up the moutain grinning from ear to ear ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I checked, we didn't have any mountains in Nebraska, but maybe something has changed...
confused.gif

If the story I was told was true, and the guy was really from Arkansas, a foot rise is pretty much a mountain to them
cool.gif

Top Bottom