Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Lone wolf stick

Fulldrw

I'm trying to decide if getting the fourth lone wolf stick is worth it and want to know what others think?

I would...they are well worth it. You don't always have to use it but there are times when it is needed. It gets me the extra height in the tree I need.

instead of the 4th stick i just carry 3 or 4 treesteps and use them if necessary. usually i can get high enough with 3 sticks, but my legs are longer than most.

I agree with Shredder, spend the money and get the fourth one. You will be glad you did. You will also use it more than you think.

Absolutely! Four takes you right where you need to be!
grin.gif

I had the same thought cross my mind with a different set of sticks from another company. The problem was that a single stick was over half the price of the set of three. Knowing that I would like to have two sets of four sticks I went ahead and purchased another set of three that year, then purchased the second set the year after. I then had a set of four and a set of four/five. This is another way of looking at it if you are going to continue purchasing this particular brand in the future. If you can spread out the cost, you can seem to justify it a little bit more. Plus it is nice a have a spare set laying around in case you need to put one up in a hurry.

Prior to this years bow season I bought four sticks with my LW hang-on.

At first I didn’t use the fourth stick all that much. However, once I became comfortable with the three sticks and the stand I started using the fourth stick more often. The last 5 times I have been out I have used all four sticks. They really get you up in the air, I like then.

My vote………….purchase four!
waytogo.gif

I've used 4 sticks right from the start several years back. I could tell right away that 3 was not gonna cut it for me. Now I usually use the set of 4 plus, like Muddy, I carry 2-4 screw-in steps for added height or awkward trees.

A few years back after my partner had filled his tag he decided to film a couple of my hunts. After a couple of slow hunts I decided to go into a different area and find a fresh setup. I found a tall, straight tree in a brushy draw that intersected two feeding areas. Since there were no limbs, I decided to use both sets of our sticks, which happened to be 7. My buddy got to about the 6th stick and freaked out, bear hugging the tree and saying "I can't move". Needless to say, I got PO'd and had to lower both stands while deer where all around us....he hasn't offered to film since
confused.gif
grin.gif

I'd recommend 4 sticks, but 7 is pushing it a bit...it would not have been the best of shot angles
nono.gif
Sorry to get
offtopic.gif
but your post for some reason reminded me of that hunt
evil.gif

Top Bottom