Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th season action?

Just wondering what you guys have been experienceing last couple days in the turkey woods. I hunted 1st season without any luck and was wondering how the action was looking for the late season before I took some vacation time to hunt.

I have had toms go spots and gobble thier heads off but wont come to calls.

Also been seeing a lot following hens around the fields.

The last couple days have been tough.

I called in 4 Toms Sunday from about 500 yrds! In the picked corn ! Gobbling and doing the Strut all the way!!!! They were shoulder to to shoulder and awesome! Then.............. they smelled smoke on me , and skirted me and my setup!!!!!!!!! :mad: Cooter told me I should not smoke!!!!!! :confused:

My aunt and uncle called in three birds from an insane distance. I don't even want to guess how far but they were little specs on the horizon up a hill and across a huge creek. Birds saw the dekes out in the field walked down the hill, flew across the creek and ran the 400 yards right up into their spread. Double down for them!!

I love 4th season. The birds are always fired up for me. The weather hasn't been great yet though.

This morning had three hens in the field at first light. They hung around feed in the field for 2 hours. There was a tom 200 yards out gobbling. Would even answer the calls but never came closer.

But with the weather it was more than I expected

Not to start an argument, turkeys smell is very poor. They would see the smoke before they would ever smell the smoke. They only time they smell is when they are in the oven!!! As to the topic question..... I had great luck 2 season. Not so much when i took my brother out for third. Alot of noise but nothing in close enough to shoot. Hope 4th season is better then 3rd!

Dang, you mean I don't need to be wearing my scent lok and spraying my blind down every morning? :) :)

Not to start an argument, turkeys smell is very poor. They would see the smoke before they would ever smell the smoke. They only time they smell is when they are in the oven!!! As to the topic question..... I had great luck 2 season. Not so much when i took my brother out for third. Alot of noise but nothing in close enough to shoot. Hope 4th season is better then 3rd!

:D I was just giving Cooter crap!! :way::way: If they can smell...I'm really screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Top Bottom