Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th season gift

FinBonZ

Life Member
With the turkey numbers down on the land I hunt, I decided to try to venture out a little and try some new areas this spring. A 4th season hunt was "kind" to me in more ways than one. Not knowing the area as well as I would like, I wasn't able to set up on a bird on the roost so I was on the move the first 30 min. of the morning. After hearing 2 gobblers on the same hill top I headed their direction. As I got to the base of the hill they were on, I crossed a small creek. From I decided to take off my vest and lighten the load b/c if I was able to get in position it would be close quarters with no time or space to put up my decoy. So I lay my vest on the sandy gravel, gather my thoughts (which means catch my breathe as I am out of shape), and I happen to look down. Not 10 inches from where I laid my vest is an arrowhead sticking out of the surface of a sand bar! It was hard not to snag it as soon as I saw it, plus I wasn't too sure if other hunters were in the area. I decided to let it stay behind as I went after the toms. I get set up and called. One of the toms beats the other in and I get my shot. 'Grab the bird and get back to the creek' was all I thought to myself. With turkey by my side I end up slowly pulling the relic out of the sand only to find it has a broken ear. I am not complaining as I consider this one to be a gift from the Indian Gods! A good hunt and a great find!

IMG_0976.jpg

Here is the family harvest photo. Notice my son is doing what every child his age tries to pull on any photo possible. "Bunny Ears". He might have some sort of record for having the "first ever bunny ears thrown down on a dead turkey". I will update this post if I get any confirmation!
IMG_0955.jpg

23#
10 1/4" beard
1 1/8" spur
1" spur

Top Bottom