Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th season success

gunhunter

PMA Member
After an going empty handed on my final youth season hunt. But I learned alot about the birds.

Saturday morning my dad couldnt come out hunting with me. But I headed out with high hopes. It was exciting with a group of toms flying tom in to the field I was sitting along but they were more intrested in there hens than in checking in on me. But as they were leaving I popped in the mouth call and gave them a few yelps that got a gobble in the field above me. Soon I had a couple toms circling me and a group of 3 jakes with a tome struting in front of me. At 37 I knew it would be a tough shot but figured I would regret it if I didnt so my 20 guage gave it the best it could but missed.:thrwrck: Sunday morning went about the same without the miss as they were all avoiding me. After hunting all week I had noticed a group of toms going to check and breed a hen in a field close by. So sunday at 12:30 I got sat down in the heat. With little action I was thinking about heading in. When I thought about something muddy said being "Patience has killed more turkeys than lead" Then I yelped a few times on the slate call a few times as a hen responded to my calling. Then I heard something behind me as a tom stepped out full strut. I was toatly unready. No face mask, no call ready, and gun beside me so. So he went behind some brush as I got ready. then stood strutting with his head behind a branch for what seemed like hours. Finaly he made the mistake of breaking strud. And I let him have face of lead. The only mistake is if we would have been ready my dad could and I could have both been done. I was done at 12:57 a pretty short hunt.

Ill get photos up soon im having troubles.

He was 24# 11.25inch beard 1.125inch spurs

Top Bottom